Rocketman - Jo Hawes Casting

Auditions for the 9-15 year old age group

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lechia78
GRAMMY Award

Re: Rocketman - Jo Hawes Casting

Postby Lechia78 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:37 am

islandofsodor wrote:Ds didn't get through. He said one boy who did get through had an unbroken voice.

He found it very challenging as he hasn't had the benefit of attending proper drama classes so he'd never played those kinds of improvisation games before. He is autistic and found that kind of interaction and working in a pair tricky (sorry to whoevers ds had to act out "contemplate the meaning of life after my ds's turn). Previous auditions have always been a prepared monologue/song and then having to take direction.

But it was a learning experience that his shown him where his weaknesses are.

Wow how hard is that to act out “the meaning of life” they sure didn’t make that easy

FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Postby FredaBloggs » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 am

Adrianna1312, there is another round of auditions on June 9th - you could always email Jo Hawes to explain and ask if he could be seen on the 9th after all. The director is still tweeting the casting call, so I think they may be struggling to find what they're looking for and therefore willing to see as many as possible.

islandofsodor
BAFTA Award

Postby islandofsodor » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:16 am

Lechia78 wrote:
islandofsodor wrote:Ds didn't get through. He said one boy who did get through had an unbroken voice.

He found it very challenging as he hasn't had the benefit of attending proper drama classes so he'd never played those kinds of improvisation games before. He is autistic and found that kind of interaction and working in a pair tricky (sorry to whoevers ds had to act out "contemplate the meaning of life after my ds's turn). Previous auditions have always been a prepared monologue/song and then having to take direction.

Wow how hard is that to act out “the meaning of life” they sure didn’t make that easy

That was ds's fault. The game was one where you had to say what you are doing but perform the action of what the person before you said they were doing eg I'm stroking a cat. Ds had a mind blank and said I'm contemplating the meaning of life so the person who went after him had to perform that action!
Everybody has the right to dream

Lechia78
GRAMMY Award

Postby Lechia78 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 am

islandofsodor wrote:
Lechia78 wrote:

That was ds's fault. The game was one where you had to say what you are doing but perform the action of what the person before you said they were doing eg I'm stroking a cat. Ds had a mind blank and said I'm contemplating the meaning of life so the person who went after him had to perform that action!

I bet the other boy was stocked hahaha. I would be curious to see what he did for that lol.

Adrianna1312
BRIT Award

Postby Adrianna1312 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:18 am

FredaBloggs wrote:Adrianna1312, there is another round of auditions on June 9th - you could always email Jo Hawes to explain and ask if he could be seen on the 9th after all. The director is still tweeting the casting call, so I think they may be struggling to find what they're looking for and therefore willing to see as many as possible.

Thank you! I saw the tweet this morning so thought nothing to lose and have emailed Jo asking if he can be seen as they are doing another round of auditions tomorrow with call backs Saturday. We shall see xx

twitchy753
GRAMMY Award

Postby twitchy753 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Has this been cast yet does anyone know?

Return to “Auditions 9-15 years”