Thirty Seconds to Impact: The Captain`s story of Flight BA38

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

elena
BRIT Award

Thirty Seconds to Impact: The Captain`s story of Flight BA38

Post by elena »

Thirty Seconds to Impact: The Captain's Story of Flight BA38 (Paperback)

My friend, Peter Burkill, the captain on that fatefull flight BA38 from Beijing back to 2 years ago has just published his new book.
I hope that you peeps will find it very interesting.

Pete was the captain of the BA38 that had double engine failure 2 km to landing. Pete and his crew's skills managed to land the plane just over LHR perimeter fence, saving all 152 lives on board and many more on the ground.

Simply impossible to put it down! I have finished it in a few hours although I am not native English!
Flawless text and account in every detail makes you feel you`re just two steps away in the middle of all this drama! I sincerely hope that Peter will get a recognition as a hero for that he`s done - saved lives!!! I wish them all the luck in the world for the future and hope he`ll return back to the sky pretty soon... and continue with writing!
Back to the book - fantastic read! Highly recommended no matter of which walk of life you`re come from!

Available from Amazon.
Elena
I am native Russian.

"An ounce of luck is better than a pound of wisdom." italian proverb
caityevo
BRIT Award

Re: Thirty Seconds to Impact: The Captain`s story of Flight BA38

Post by caityevo »

Hi Elena,

I am a plane nut and love aircrash investigationso this is right up my street. I have just ordered this book of Amazon and can't wait to get it now.

I will let you know what I thought when I have read it.
caityevo
BRIT Award

Re: Thirty Seconds to Impact: The Captain`s story of Flight BA38

Post by caityevo »

I have now read the book at it is a brilliant read anyone who is not scared of flying it is highly recommended.