New Moon

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

doris
GRAMMY Award

New Moon

Post by doris »

Am going to see this later with 6 girls age 11-12....

anyone else seen it yet?
zizza
BRIT Award

Re: New Moon

Post by zizza »

I'm off to see it in a mo with a huge crowd of 14/15 year old girls plus my 13 & 16 year old sons (they're likely to be outnumbered :) ). I can't wait - I love the books 8)
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

dd there as i type - how did she manage to hold off till today :mrgreen:
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Shuffle789
Nominee

Post by Shuffle789 »

Saw it last night and the general reaction seems to be that it is awesome, and I have to agree!
Cinema completely packed and even though we were there about half an hour early, there was a massive queue to get into the screen and we ended up having to sit at the front!
I dont know about at other places, but at our showing the majority of the audience were doing a heck of a lot of screaming (and with good reason- its a film with Taylor Lautner AND Rob Pattinson :D :D), which did mean that some bits of dialogue were missed, but at the same time, it really added to the atmosphere .

Of course little bits of the book were missed out, but overall they did a pretty good job with it, and its a bit of a must see if you ask me :D
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

I enjoyed it but couldn't say it was brilliant but there were some very good parts. :D

Edward was a wee bit too tortured (oh Rob where did your smile go?! :( ) but it made the break up scene all the more heartbreaking

The 11-12 yr olds liked it but weren't too dazzled.

It stayed true to the book and there were some good laughs too

Will have to see it again though! ;)
Maybe sneak out on my own... :-$ :oops:
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Well I really enjoyed myself - and we were fortunate that the girls kept pretty quiet - barely any screaming at all (thank goodness) - just a bit of cheering when the lads first came on screen. A bit of giggling in parts tho :lol: - for some reason whenever Aro spoke... he did come across as a bit amusing rather than a bit scary as I felt he was in the book.
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

Its good to hear that you have all enjoyed the film.
Have to wait until monday :( as my friend has gone away and i promised to see it with her.
So i'm looking forward to it. :)
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
elena
BRIT Award

Post by elena »

Loved it !!!
I am native Russian.

"An ounce of luck is better than a pound of wisdom." italian proverb
flic
BRIT Award

Post by flic »

Both dd's loved this - one has now defected to team Jacob. Team Edward dd did complain that half the book was missing but still thought it was fantastic.
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I have now seen this! I loved it, i thought it was really good, maybe because i went in with low expectations or maybe because it really was good. Either way i think it was better than Twilight, and the acting is considerably better. What a difference a director makes huh?
And Jacob looks amazing!! :)
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

xebonykissesx wrote:And Jacob looks amazing!! :)
HE REALLY DOES lol :P But i've been Team Jacob since the books! :lol:
I went on Sunday night & then Monday night :P
I loved it sooo much, thought it was much better then Twilight. Everyone looks better, like the vampires make-up etc
Bring on ECLIPSE! x
orange_squash
BRIT Award

Post by orange_squash »

Why does everybody keep going on about this? ](*,) :lol: I cant seem to get away :-# :lol:
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

orange_squash wrote:Why does everybody keep going on about this? ](*,) :lol: I cant seem to get away :-# :lol:
*sigh* - orange_squash, have you read the books?!!! :roll: ;) :idea: 8) :D
The Twilight films are strictly for fans of the books.
Both books and films can be enjoyed many times over by all ages.
I speak as a hopeless 40-something addict. :lol:
proudmum
BRIT Award

Post by proudmum »

flic wrote:Both dd's loved this - one has now defected to team Jacob. Team Edward dd did complain that half the book was missing but still thought it was fantastic.
Havent seen the film yet but I have to agree Flic,Jacob is absolutely gorgeous :oops: :oops: =P~
With great power there comes great responsibility.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I went with my 18 yr od DD - we are both fans of the book. We thought it was very funny in the cinema when Jacob took off his shirt - you could hear a sharp intake of breath from every female in the audience :lol: :lol: :lol:
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.