ECLIPSE

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

ECLIPSE

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

OMG i LOVED it soooo much :D
Managed to stay awake through the whole thing, didn't get home from the cinema till 3.15......crazy the things we do for things we love :lol:
These films seem to get better & better as Eclipse was much better then Twilight & New Moon
David Slade was a good director, the film is much darker and i think any boyfriends, brothers etc dragged along to see this would have a chance of enjoying it :lol:
Anyone else seen it yet?
Views?
:D
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: ECLIPSE

Post by Hecouldshine »

[-X [-X [-X . I'm incredibly jealous you've seen it already Caz :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Glad to hear they're getting better. I think this was my favourite book :D
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
lilly
BRIT Award

Post by lilly »

I agree Crazzy Lou best of the three so far. Excellent director, I loved the others but hate seeing all the editing errors in Twilight. My dd gave dirty little chuckles when someone forgot to wear their shirt again!! Thought the acting was brilliant and they got so much of the book into the film. Hope to fit it in again on Friday sadly on hol's after that :lol:
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

Totally agree, this one blew the other 2 out of the water IMHO! (Went to a preview with dd and 3 friends who all thought it was brilliant).

Thought the acting was great from Rob Pattinson 8) and Taylor Lautner but I am still not convinced about Kristen Stewart. The supporting cast were all fantastic, especially the actors playing Riley (shame he has to die!) and Jasper.

The romantic scenes with Bella and Edward were perfect :D Rob was, well, Rob! ;)

Music was excellent.

Will be going again - several times!
Hecouldshine wrote:: Glad to hear they're getting better. I think this was my favourite book :D
My favourite book too, HCS. The film is true to the story except for scenes of the creation of the newborn vampires in Seattle - an excellent addition. Go as soon as you can!
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

doris wrote:The film is true to the story except for scenes of the creation of the newborn vampires in Seattle - an excellent addition. Go as soon as you can!
I'm working on ds coming with me :D :lol: Thought he wouldn't be keen but turns out he's secretly watched my DVDs of the first two after all the girls in his class were talking about Twilight :lol: :lol:

So are those scenes in Seatle based on the Bree Tanner book doris?

*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

doris wrote:The supporting cast were all fantastic, especially the actors playing Riley (shame he has to die!)
My thoughts exactly :lol: ;)
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

Hecouldshine wrote:

So are those scenes in Seatle based on the Bree Tanner book doris?
Not really, they're about how Riley becomes a vampire and how Victoria creates the army which Riley has to organise. Bree features briefly in this section, but her personal story from the novella is not part of it :( . Looking forward to seeing your review HCS!
*Cazzy-Lou* wrote:
doris wrote:The supporting cast were all fantastic, especially the actors playing Riley (shame he has to die!)
My thoughts exactly :lol: ;)
Yes, my dd and friends all came out talking about him ;) :lol:

Forgot to say (minor gripe) that the new Victoria was a bit of a disappointment. Hair was too obviously a permed wig - not wild enough, and the actress not cunning-looking enough. Apparently, Stephenie Meyer had wanted her originally but she had just given birth when they were casting Twilight. I wish they had stuck with the orginal actress. [-X
lilly
BRIT Award

Post by lilly »

I love all the cast, just with KStewart would be a little more happy, she always seems so fed-up with it all. Taylor on the other hand has one of the best smiles ever even when he was in Cheaper by the Dozen. But have to agree with Doris, it was a shame to change Victoria especially as she only had this film left.
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

Has nobody else seen it yet?! :lol:

It all improves even more on 2nd viewing ;) :oops:
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

doris wrote: It all improves even more on 2nd viewing ;) :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillllllll not made it. Having to negotiate with dh when I can escape to see it with ds. Dd too young so dh needs to come up with something exciting for her to do :roll:

doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

Which scene(s) are you most looking forward to HCS? I loved the tent scene - Jacob (shirtless of course) says to Edward "but I'm hotter than you" :lol:
Hecouldshine wrote:. Dd too young so dh needs to come up with something exciting for her to do :roll:
Eclipse is too important to worry about that! :lol:
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I just saw it today and i reall enjoyed it!
I can't say i thought the others were brilliant, the first had a more indie feel to it but was hugely cringeworthy at points. The second seemed a lot less amateur but lacked a certain edge. This third one i thought was much better by a huge stretch. It was a tad long, but in all fairness there was a lot to fit in. The soundtrack was good, the acting was much better and generally i thought it was just directed better, it was clear the budget was bigger and the script was less of a cheesefest! The fight scene was actually quite tense!

I have Twilight on dvd but not New Moon, i think i might actually buy Eclipse. I have to say Taylor Lautner was particularly brilliant as Jacob, and the guy who played Riley had quite a lot of screen time, he was pretty good though so i'm not complaining!

All in all id give it about 4 stars. :)
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

We're seeing it Sunday - but I can't see why everyone goes for Taylor Lautner - I just don't go on big necks! Edward for me every time! :oops:
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

doris wrote:Has nobody else seen it yet?! :lol:

It all improves even more on 2nd viewing ;) :oops:
I can't believ you have seen it twice Doris :shock: Obviously far too much time on your hands :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both my dds are desperate to see it having watched all the other ones a million times and having bedrooms plastered with Edward posters, younger dd (8) has even got the T shirt :lol: Just not sure if I take an 8 year old to the cinema to see it that someone might call childline :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
wonderland
BRIT Award

Post by wonderland »

my 12 year old DD and 3 of her friends went to see it and as I was the taxi I thought I may as well watch it!!! kept well out of sight and sound of them and felt a bit weird looking like I was on my own as a lady of a certain age :lol:

We all enjoyed it (DD and friends even had pic-a mix left!)and agree with the comments so far
DD found it more tense than the other films and I think it was down to the film making rather than subject matter/story line