Super 8

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Super 8

Post by Welsh Mum »

Watched this film on dvd tonight and really enjoyed it. Its a sort of mix of Close Encounters, ET, and Stand By Me. The performances of the child actors - who carry the film - are fantastic. Worth catching. Didnt hear much about it in the cinema which is a shame.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Re: Super 8

Post by bruno2 »

Sounds good , where did you get the dvd from ? How are you ? What is your talented dd upto these days ? Hope voice is 100 % :)
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

I agree - we all really enjoyed this film - another, similar one is Attack The Block - loved it :)
songbird
GRAMMY Award

Post by songbird »

we have cinema cards and did not go to see this at cinema as did not catch our fancy - however we recently rented some for a sleepover weekend and when we ended up watching it thought it was really good so totally agree :D
If you dont buy a ticket how can you ever expect to win !!
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I can't understand why this film is did not do better. It is definitely worth watching on dvd.

BTW I'm fine bruno2, DD doing well, vocal problems getting better :) . I actually get to see her in something this term :D
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

I think it's showing on Sky Movies right now...I might have to set the Sky plus to record it any maybe find a quiet couple of hours....oh, no chance... :lol:

Deb x