Les Miserables

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Re: Les Miserables

Post by igloobabe »

Welsh Mum wrote:Finall y got round to seeing this film today - the snow got in the way earlier :D - and really enjoyed it. Unlike other posters i loved Russel Crowe (must confess to have had a crush on him for at least 10 years :oops: :oops: ) as I though he acted his socks off in a way a better singer mightnot have. Loved Marius, Fantine, Eponine (best singer by far) JVJ and Enjolas (no one has mentioned him - though he was excellent). Hugely disappointed with both Thenardiers - thought they were weak esp SBC :( - and as for Cosette well.................. have rarely heard such a thin reedy voice on film.

Despote my gripes I looved the film but had to run to toilets at the end to repair my face as I had mascara and eye liner half way down my cheeks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugh Jackman acted well but for sheer singing this is my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrH-94ef4NY

I mentioned him!! He was yummy as well!
HerNameIsHelen
Nominee

Post by HerNameIsHelen »

I've seen this twice now... absolutely love it! Coming from someone who refused to see it when in London as I labelled it "boring" I'm eating my words right now and I hope to see it when in London in April.
My favourite part was "Little Fall of Rain" very heartbreaking!
Seems a lot of people can't stand Amanda's singing but she's one of my favourite actresses and I loved her in this film (possibly biased :oops: ) and made me really love Cosette, a character who seems to be not liked so much.
Samantha Barks, for me, stole the film. Amazing. That's all I have to say! :D
I just love Aaron Tveit but I didn't like Eddie Redmayne so much in the role of Marius as I didn't think he had the right voice for the part, although my perception could all be wrong here!
Hugh Jackman was outstanding and Russell Crowe... was alright :)
Anne Hathaway was beyond brilliant, flawless performance and had me in tears!
I loved Gavroche and young Cosette, very cute!
I was crying pretty much the whole way through, sooooooo good and I want to see it again!!! \:D/
ActingMad26
GRAMMY Award

Post by ActingMad26 »

Interestingly I loved Russell Crowe & his Stars/Javert's suicide - but know this view isn't shared by many! Oh well, each to their own :D
smile :)
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

ActingMad26 wrote:Interestingly I loved Russell Crowe & his Stars/Javert's suicide - but know this view isn't shared by many! Oh well, each to their own :D

I knew there was more than one of us!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

I absolutely loved the film and I adore the West End show but I don't think they can (or should be) compared with each other. I think Bring Him Home showed this - I think that people didn't like HJ's version purely because they were used to the falsetto version of the West End (well, that's my feeling on it anyway). I did think that the storyline was far easier to follow in the film. In fact, when I originally went to see the West End show when it first came out, although I loved it, I was a bit confused as to what was actually going on - good excuse to go and see it again though!!
All new to me!
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Welsh Mum wrote:
ActingMad26 wrote:Interestingly I loved Russell Crowe & his Stars/Javert's suicide - but know this view isn't shared by many! Oh well, each to their own :D

I went again last night with little dd (her 4th time!!!) and found that Russell Crowe had grown on me - I actually felt quite sorry for him, stuck in his rigid pattern of behaviour and thinking, and the tiny spark of emotion when he pinned the medal on Gavroche was for me the most heart wrenching bit of the whole thing!
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

igloobabe wrote:the tiny spark of emotion when he pinned the medal on Gavroche was for me the most heart wrenching bit of the whole thing!
I agree - that was a real tear-jerker moment. I am trying to read the book at the moment (it's been 18 months so far...got to about the middle) so I'm wondering whether that gesture references anything in the original story.

Still don't like Russell Crowe's singing though.

Deb x
SM7
BRIT Award

Post by SM7 »

Last edited by SM7 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumtomil
GRAMMY Award

Post by mumtomil »

We just LOVED This! \:D/
13 girl with ambitions to be in the westend.
www.starnow.co.uk/millyzero
Doodoos
GRAMMY Award

Post by Doodoos »

The best part was Russell Crowe leaping to his end! :shock:
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Welsh Mum wrote:

I liked it too - very moving!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

The more I watch it (have it on DVD) the more I like Russel Crowe! :shock:
Last edited by francescasmum on Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

...And the more annoying I find Amanda Seyfried's voice!
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

francescasmum wrote:...And the more annoying I find Amanda Seyfried's voice!
Yes me too !!
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

Me too...warmed to everyone except her..felt cold and poorly integrated!