Into The Woods

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Into The Woods

Post by igloobabe »

Saw this on Sunday - having just seen dd in her drama group's stage version in November it was really interesting to compare them! Film changes a few things from the stage show, (Disney dumbing down of a few undisneyesque parts ie the Princes having huge socks down their trousers for a start!) The effects were brilliant and the sound amazing, it was well cast, James Corden is fab as the baker! Loved Jack (played by Les Mis's Gavroche, a few years older!) Meryl Streep is great as the Witch.

However, it definitely wasn't as funny as the stage show, or as naughty, and I preferred dd as Cinderella.................but then I would, wouldn't I?
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Into The Woods

Post by Hecouldshine »

We'd never seen the show so it was all a revelation. Just loved Emily Blunt in this :D
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

Agreed, Emily Blunt made it for me. And Lilia Crawford.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

I agree too - Emily was just fab - I really enjoyed it all though, and thought Agony was brilliant! :D
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

I also loved Emily Blunt as the baker's wife.

The 'Agony' scene was VERY familiar to me as it was filmed in a place I used to visit often as a child - Virginia Water in Surrey, it's a man made waterfall which I have walked across, climbed down to the caves in and watched my grandpa pretend to fall over the edge of!