Starnow(groan... sorry)

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

janey
BRIT Award

Starnow(groan... sorry)

Post by janey »

Sorry to be dim but do you all apply for bits through this independently or through agents and, if the former, does anything ever come of it ? I realise the need to be very careful (thanks to Dogcop et al about the French film ) and a lot of the things for the 5-10 age group seem to be with death and destruction one way or another but just wondered if by applying for things on your own you can actually get anywhere. This is not for ds but dd. Thanks all.
db1
GRAMMY Award

Re: Starnow(groan... sorry)

Post by db1 »

My dd has has some none paid jobs through Starnow she is 10 so it depends really what you are looking for, don't need an agent but you do need to pay to apply :)
mummyofmany
BRIT Award

Post by mummyofmany »

my children have done very well with starnow, my kids have taken part in 6 short films from starnow so far this year, i would definitely recommend it, they have met some lovely people and really enjoyed themselves.
Mummy to an aspiring actor
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

My ds was filming with Isabella Rossilini and William Hurt today through Starnow and is filming Midsomer Murders at Pinewood on Monday. He has had quite a few jobs through this site so I can thoroughly recommend it.
All new to me!
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

My son has also had alot of work through StarNow. He applied to Midsomer Murders through SN about 3 years ago and has done many episodes for them. Has filmed 4 days in the last couple of weeks and it is all local work so was a great find
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
mummyofmany
BRIT Award

Post by mummyofmany »

was there a casting call for midsomer murders or did they contact you directly through the talent directory?

Mummy to an aspiring actor
janey
BRIT Award

Post by janey »

Thanks all ... good to know.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

I like Starnow, although tbh we haven't had much work from it for my older dd who is the one with the singing talent, despite her being no 2 on the first page of under 13's ! However, my younger dd and I had great fun making 'How to grow Your own Drugs' last October, shown in March on BBC 2. Have entered a lot of singing competitions through it and had a few auditions. For the price of £30 ish a year it's fairly good value.
janey
BRIT Award

Post by janey »

igloo babe or anyone
how does your membership allow two children, as on ours we can only apply for one, and there's a red cross by all castings except the right age and gender so even if ds photo was there i could not apply for stuff? thanks
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

You used to be able to change age and sex so if u had 2 children could swap photo age and sex if u had a boy and girl, had a look and can not see how to do that now before it was easy just wondering if Starnow have found out people where doing that and have stoped that, find Starnow better than Stars in your eyes but but with them dose not matter if u have 2 children or more when u apply u get the email address to apply to so can put the details of any child u want to if that makes sence. Ds is 12 will be 13 in August is very small so wanted to change his age on Starnow used to be easy to change but can not seem to do it now. So can some on here tell me how to change age or is it like I suspect they won't let u any more
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

When I put them on there two years ago, I just typed 2 names in under 'name'
You can only actually put in one of their details, but you can upload photos of both so when someone looks at it, they see their pics and audio/video. When older one is 13 I will probably change it into younger dd's name !!!

They have a rather odd ranking system though, apparently it doesn't depend on number of views, but rather how many people 'favourite ' you etc.