small potatoes

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

mummyofmany
BRIT Award

Re: small potatoes

Post by mummyofmany »

i am not sure if they necessary were looking for younger children, my ds is only 7, but maybe he just wasnt the sort of 7yo they were looking for. i havnt told him yet, will wait till morning.
Mummy to an aspiring actor
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

We haven't heard either, so guess it's a 'no' DD is totally not bothered and looking forward to seeing Iron Man 2 tomorrow, as promised.
jojo_b
BRIT Award

Post by jojo_b »

Told DS before he went to bed. He's a bit upset but we were expecting it. At least I get to spend tomorrow at home with my DD on her birthday!

Maybe it's a recall if you haven't heard yet, you never
know.
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

Maybe, but cutting it a bit fine as we now have plans for tomorrow. I am so proud of dd and all the children today too ........I'm still immensely impressed that our children auditioned down a phone line and got selected! How weird is that? All the voices I heard were lovely, so clearly has nothing to do with the talent.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

You are right about the maturity thing, they kept banging on about sounding youthful and not too mature in the emails. My older dd also did the phone audition and her voice is fabulous, but I think she sounded too old.
The whole lack of consistency is not very professional - they should stick to what they say and not call or email anyone unless they are successful, and call the successful ones by 8pm. :?
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

Hi just an update. One of the ballet girls has a recall tomorrow. Anyway I wish her the very best of luck for tomorrow.
Last edited by claret on Mon May 03, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Don't suppose you know if she went through an agent?
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

Well yes & no. She isn't signed to an agent. The lady who does singing lessons at the dance school passed it over to her friend, an agent as she didn't want to deal with licences, etc. As far as I know not many agents are involved in this. My dd's agent didn't know anything about it! Clearly this agent, now involved by default wouldn't have had anything to do with it had the singing teacher not been asked to get a group together. Anyhow this has come back full circle.........
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Weird, this second time around business, isn't it? Good luck to her anyway! :D
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

Well yes. The original 6 who were selected haven't been asked to this and I expected them to be asked back automatically as licences weren't required for this audition as a recording wasn't being made........? I'm guessing they are looking for something but not sure what!!
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

Hi all, dd attended this audition on Sunday - 5pm slot. Lots of children waiting to be seen and from what we could hear - all had lovely voices. It did seem that some children sang only "Seasons" although this could be that we only heard that and not the "rap". Dd got to sing both songs, thoroughly enjoyed the experience - especially being in the recording booth with the big headphones on! Received a lovely email last night saying she wasn't right for their "pre-school" series but would keep her in mind for future suitable projects!! ( think she probably didn't sound quite young enough - I guess.. ) So, although disappointed not to be recalled - she's quite pleased with how she did. Dd doesn't have an agent and best of luck to all those asked back today - let us know how you got on :D :D
sullyandmike
GRAMMY Award

Post by sullyandmike »

Hi All........(and especially Claret, was FAB to meet you, and a shame we didn't have chance for more of a natter and maybe a coffee)

Back from London and glad to be home (stayed at my mum's in Kent in case we got a recall to save a long journey twice, and we always get a tepid welcome :roll: :roll: :roll: ). Am not dissing London, but as Dorothy says "theres no place like home"...... :lol: LOL :lol:

Anyway.......there seems to be a few opinions on here, which I guess is what its all about, and one of the main reasons I like this forum.

Just to add my two penn'th........DS went in, sang both songs, and came out happy as Larry. Went to mum's (shivers silently) where there is naff all reception hence no emails/iphone usage. So by half past 8 I assumed he didn't have a recall. Once we were headed home I checked my mail and found the obligatory thanx but no thanx. J is fine with it, and planning the next project.

Igloobabe - just for comfort, ds is represented but we got the same "not quite right" email as everyone else :D

Hope everyone little ones have bounced back and are raring to go, and for those with recalls.......let us know how it went.

All the best
Take care

Sully x
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Did anyone on here get a recall? Thank you Sully, my dd is fine, she said today she was glad she didn't have to go on the train again as we had such an awful journey home. We ended up at Waddesdon Manor (NT place) dodging showers and letting the girls run wild in the playground while we had a slap up lunch! :D
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

Aaah thanks Sully, yes def lovely to meet you and I would have loved to go for a coffee and put the casting process to rights!! ;) It's such a shame you all had such a lot of travelling esp over a bank holiday. Igloobabe did the right thing with slap up lunch at Waddesdon Manor...love that place. From what I hear from our 'ballet girl' who got a recall today...there were 12 there which after 2 hours in and out of the recording booth was reduced to 6. I haven't heard from her since the lunch time break, but understand that final casting was today and she was still there at this point. I'm completely spooked now as my dd hasn't even received the 'no thanks' email so feeling completely unloved... :-k
Last edited by claret on Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Crumbs, I'm glad my dd was spared that tbh - imagine 2 hours of being herded in and out and then being told no thanks at the end. I'm so new to this and still find it all very daunting. Only really done singing competitions with older dd up till now and she has always reached the finals so this casting stuff is quite a new experience.
Claret is it possible you wrote your email down wrong or forgot a dot etc?