School Casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

obsteve
GRAMMY Award

School Casting

Post by obsteve »

"SPARTICLES" (BBC)
Anyone here Bristol based, 9-18 years old?
I may have one or two 10 minute slots for young people fitting the following criteria:

Role:
STEVIE - LEAD (Male)
Description:
He needs to be 16 years old or over in real life but looking and playing 14/15 years old. Stevie is the “leader”. He is a sporty, white working class lad who comes from a big family living in the inner city suburbs. He’s a die-hard truant and has graduated with an Asbo into the underage world of early-teen crimes – a spot of joy-riding, hanging out at the fringes of the local gang, swinging a bit of petty theft, etc.

KAT - LEAD (Female)
Description:
She needs to be 16 years old or over in real life but looking and playing 14/15 years old. ANY ETHNICITY Clever Kat is a “brainy” kid and the daughter of a physicist. Kat has an older sister who has vanished alongside her parents. Kat is geeky but gorgeous underneath, and very bright. She has a brilliant analytical but also has a naturally caring personality which hasn’t been allowed to surface in the rather arid, academic atmosphere of her family life. This is shown by the way she takes the little boy next door under her wing and promises to look after him.

Reese -Lead (Female)
Description:
The youngest of the group is young looking 9-year-old (or young looking 10yr old in real life) Reese -the “psychic prism”. She has a lot to do so must be really good. A beautiful, pale skinned, blonde and slightly built girl. She is the only child of two doctors who have devoted themselves to trying to unlock their daughter’s mind, but have never succeeded. Although Reese attends mainstream school she has no friends and lives “in a world of her own”. She prefers computers for companionship and navigates “virtual worlds” with ease.

HAS TO BE SOMETHING OTHERWORLDLY ABOUT HER - AN UNUSUAL QUALITY ABOUT HER.

Role:
HOLLY - LEAD (Female)
Description:
Holly is 13 or 14 years old and the “risk taker” and chief chef of the Sparticles; a girl with a lust for life and a “joie de vivre”, but not above lying and cheating, and her personal moral code is a little on the light side. SHE HAS A PHYSICAL DISABILITY – it can be a mild disability, which will be decided on the actress we find but she must be disabled in real life.

ANY ACCENT - FROM ANYWHERE IN THE UK OR FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY

Role:
AMI -LEAD (Male)
Description:
Ami is an eleven or twelve years old. ANY ETHNICITY and MUST BE A TALENTED GYMNAST in real life. It would be lovely if he was black or Asian not essential. A boy who has a wicked sense of humour and fun. Ami is unremittingly cheerful and he is the group’s “funseeker”. He is diabetic but deals with this well, although it is hard to find stocks of insulin and keep it at the right temperature “on the road.”

JORDAN - LEAD (Male)
Description:
Jordan, a 10/11-year-old boy is the “mediator” and “Mr Moral” and musician of the group. ANY ETHNICITY. Jordan has personal skills beyond his years due to his role as a Young Carer for his older brother Jeffrey who uses a wheelchair. Jordan has learnt to protect himself and his brother from the ignorance of others.

Role:
JEFFREY -LEAD (Male)
Description:
He needs to be 16 years old or over in real life but looking and playing 14/15 years old. JEFFREY is a very smart and funny kid with a passion for football. Jeffrey is the “lionheart” of the Sparticles. Jeffrey loves to laugh.

ANY ETHNICITY. HE HAS CEREBRAL PALSY and the actor playing him must have cerebral palsy in real life.

Role:
TIA - Lead (Female)
Description:
Stevie’s sister is the “princess”. She needs to be 16 years old or over in real life but looking and playing 14/15 years old. Tia doesn’t “do” cleaning, gardening or cooking. White. Her life revolves around looking good, finding the perfect nail polish and gossiping with her girlfriends about stupid boys. The Disappearance, therefore, hits Tia hard. OK, she can raid Claire’s Accessories for free but what’s the point of looking hot when the highlight of the day is peeling the potatoes and breaking a nail?

Role:
Frankie - Lead (Female)
Description:
Frankie (Francesca) 11/12 years old, white. She kicked so much in the womb that her mum was absolutely convinced she was carrying a brother for Stevie, and named the unborn child Francis after her uncle. The baby turned out to be a girl, but the name stuck. And the name suits Frankie – the genuine “tomboy” article.

Role:
CALLUM - LEAD (Male)
Description:
He needs to be 16 years old or over in real life but looking and playing 14/15 years old. Callum is our “baddie” who features as a regular guest character in SPARTICLES. He is delighted with the Disappearance, as it means his life gets better by about one hundred per cent. I love this character.

Any Ethnicity.

Role:
LIAM - LEAD (Male)
Description:
Nine year old (could be older in real life but needs to look 9). Liam is a very clever lad, a sensitive little soul and a keen “diarist” who misses his mum, dad and Nanna very much. An only child used to a great deal of attention from adults, Liam finds the New World Order of older kids being in charge extremely challenging.
Click on the image above to go to our website
obsteve
GRAMMY Award

Re: School Casting

Post by obsteve »

oops, forgot address #-o

Please email info@schoolcasting.co.uk only if you fit the role description and can make it to the casting in Bristol at a time between 10am and 3pm on Monday 26th April

Many many thanks,

Steve
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Hi Steve
Thanks for posting. I'm a bit confused about this casting as I thought it Rosalie Clayton was doing it - so does that mean you are working together on it? Or do several casting directors work together - sorry to sound bit of a div but am new to all this!
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Hi Steve
Thanks for posting. I'm a bit confused about this casting as I thought it Rosalie Clayton was doing it - so does that mean you are working together on it? Or do several casting directors work together - sorry to sound bit of a div but am new to all this!
obsteve
GRAMMY Award

Post by obsteve »

tikka wrote:Hi Steve
Hi Yes, Rosalie Clayton has asked me (and other people who work with young people) to provide her with some actors fitting the role breakdown.

I have had some last minute drop outs from my gang, and didn't want to leave and empty slots, so I have asked for applicants here to fill the gaps.

Thank you to those people who have emailed me, I will get back to you asd soon as I can

Steve
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Post by sXOX »

Hi there Steve,

I dont suppose you know whether there is going to be any auditions in london? many thanks!
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Thanks Steve, that makes sense now.

Do you know if there will be casting opportunites for other kids to be in it, if they don't get called for a main part?
obsteve
GRAMMY Award

Post by obsteve »

I don't know the answer to either of those questions, I'm afraid.

I am just posting to say thank you to all the people who applied to School Casting for an audition. We have now filled all slots and are taking no more applicants. Sorry I can't reply personally to all of you, but if you haven't heard from me, please presume you have been unsuccessful (on first come first served basis)

Steve
pmfb
BRIT Award

Post by pmfb »

Thanks for letting us know Steve :)
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Hi everyone has anyone heard anything more with regard to auditions and recalls ? DD went for audition earlier this week really enjoyed it. Good luck to everyone. :)