monologue

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Paggle
GRAMMY Award

monologue

Post by Paggle »

hi :)
Ive got two auditions next week ,and need to prep. a short monologue... any ideas?
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Re: monologue

Post by cupcake13 »

Daisy pulls it off is a good one my DD had it for her last LAMDA exam. Can i ask what the auditions are for please? Thankyou :)
**Never give up**
Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Post by Paggle »

I've got one with Susi Earnshaw management on saturday 1st of may, and one with kelly management on the tuesday 4th may :)
Thanks for the tip :)
nancyboo

Post by nancyboo »

Hi, sorry to interject, you can get cheap monologue books off ebay or amazon, also from the library and if the one mentioned doesn't suit you, or you need more, you can find one catered to you ie; look for one which is for your age group and which highlights your strengths as an actor.
Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Post by Paggle »

Thanks Nancyboo :)
I dont have time to order books over the internet though, and my local library is closed down...
I know I asked already but does anyone have any ideas for a monologue for me... girl aged 15?
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Try this site:

http://notmyshoes.net/monologues/
there are some good monologues..just search around..

If not, just enter 'monologues for teenagers into your search engine.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

hi, if you type monologues for kids/children into your search engine you should get a few suggestions. we got Alice in wonderland from there. My dd has used it several times and it seems to span the ages. She is only seven, recorded it on utube at six and there are teenagers using it too. It lasts about a minute and requires different emotions, so is a very good piece. my DD has securred 6 short film roles using this piece.