Personal details on websites that are accessible to all

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Roo
BRIT Award

Personal details on websites that are accessible to all

Post by Roo »

Hi,

I hope I'm writing in the right section here. My child is about to go for an audition for a reputable agancy and I noticed that all their childrens' pictures and date of births can be seen in by anyone who logs onto the site. Is this completely normal or not? Please can you let me know what you think about this.

Thanks,
Roo
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Re: Personal details on websites that are accessible to all

Post by missmoneypenny »

Oh I know what you mean, I have had this worry before. Our agents webpages have no access to any 'under 16' information at all, unless you are a registered client, and I have to say I prefer this, but I do know that some well respected agents do have insecure webpages.

Someone asked me recently why I was bothered about the agency page being private when people could see and watch my children quite publicly when they had done a shoot or whatever, whilst this is true it just doesn't seem as brazen as sticking their name and DOB under their photo!! If you know what I mean ;)

So although I was basically no help there, just letting you know it puzzles me too - lol :)
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

This is a really difficult one, as on the one hand the child needs to be seen to access auditions and on the other there is a huge child protection issue. Our Agency is password protected so you cannot just access children's details and personally I wouldn't want to use one that gives the location and/or date of birth of the child to the general public. Only casting agents need to see the details and a good agent will only pass on details to casting agents when required. My dd and ds have filmed various things and I am always careful about this. The kids come first.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

My ds agency dose not have the childrens photo on there only photos of them in things they have done am really pleased about that. The trouble we have is we have a last name not many people have so when ds was in a soap his name date of birth and borough we lived in was put on a site could not belive it some of the other children in soaps even had the school they went to on there. The trouble is some kids get a part or so some thing else there name the road they live and the school is put in the paper along with there photo u have to be very carefull. I have never put his photo in the paper has had it in for his golf but would never give are address or the school he goes to, feel the paper should not put that for safty reasons.