Help reading a script. What is expected

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Help reading a script. What is expected

Post by francescasmum »

hi everyone, just being nosey, what were the auditions for/ from what I have read they need a few children, good luck to everyone.
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Hi

It was for a new BBC Comedy, they were casting for 3 girls and 2 boys aged between 4 and 12. Steggers, I agree with what you say, my agent reckons they have an idea what they want as certainly from her agency lots of her children fitted the brief but they only invited 3 to go. Other mums were saying the same thing, it seemed quite hush hush, I dont think advertised thru Spotlight or anything, I know the CD and producer went direct to my agents website and picked the children they wanted to see rather than asking the agents to forward suitable kids like normal.

Hope thats ok francescamum, not very helpful :)
Valerie
Nominee

Post by Valerie »

Has any NAPM's heard anything ? I haven't :lol: would be nice if at least one of us got something.
steggers
BRIT Award

Post by steggers »

Hi Valerie, we haven't heard anything yet, hopefully it won't be too long before we get a decision.
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Me neither, guess it will be after the Bank Holiday weekend now. Have a good one everyone :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

remenber this now, my DDs agent asked if she was available but they are filming right in the middle of chitty Chitty Bang Bang so we had to decline the audition, it sounds really good though, a city lady gets really drunk and finds out the next morning that she bought a farm in Yorkshire s she decides to try and make a go of it even though she's never been in the country or to Yorkshire before. It is a pilot for a series they're hoping to do. the children were all from one family - this womans neighbours I think. good luck to everyone who auditioned. It's nice to have local auditions for a local production.
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Yes, that is the one. Clive Owen is playing her love interest the Vet :-({|= :-({|=
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Dont actually think they were too local, there were kids from Newcastle, Manchester, Stafford so really all over the North of England!
steggers
BRIT Award

Post by steggers »

We're from Blackpool, so not that local to Leeds. How ironic, we finally get to go to a Northern casting and my DS probably has the wrong type of Northern acent lol!
barney
GRAMMY Award

Post by barney »

Hi Panda, think wi met you at sadie j in london with my dd, whom coincidently hadnt been kept back, she was sat under table, hadnt known i was there waiting. This audition your boys have done sounds great and local.. Think we with same agent. Good Luck

=D>
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Just seen on Mark Jermin website (South Wales so not very local Northern agencies??) that two of his kids cast as Esme and Bobby for Accidental Farmer last week. Anyone else on here heard anything?? We havent :cry:
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Delved a bit further and the little boy is from Doncaster
steggers
BRIT Award

Post by steggers »

Hi Panda, we've heard nothing so I'm assuming it was a no. Ds has stopped asking if I've heard anything and is looking forward to the next thing that comes up...bless him.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

hi Panda, just rereading some of the submissions for this one and noticed you wrote BBC were moving production to Manchester, is this for all chgildren's programmes or just this particular series? It would be amazing (ever hopeful) if it was all , about time i'd say there are just as many talented kids up here who never get a chance. (how do you find out these things?)
Does anyone know if they cast all thechildren, they are supposed to start filming around now aren't they?
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Sorry, dont know the answer to that Francescamum. I know they have just cast Ashley Jensen in the lead role last week and filming now put back from starting this week to summer. There are 5 roles for kids but only seen 2 cast but the CDs said they would tell everyone whether or not they had been successful so as we have not heard either way dont know if this means they are still deciding (?). Any other NAPMers know? I dont know if Mark Jermin website should really have it on already as CDs are being very hush hush. My elder DS and Steggers DS went for same role but no answer either way. I was told the kids are apparently supposed to be siblings and the 2 children on Mark Jermins website that have been cast are very blonde if that helps :D

Good Luck to them anyway, bet they will have a brill time =D>