The Wizard of Oz

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

db1
GRAMMY Award

The Wizard of Oz

Post by db1 »

Does anybody have any further info on this posting which is on Stars in My Eyes please?
Actors & Actresses wanted for Singing & Non Singing Parts In Remake Of 'The Wizard Of Oz'.
EXTRA INFORMATION
Singing and Non-Singing Parts Available, Dorothy Found, Others Needed.
Male & Female,Singing and Non-Singing Parts, Speaking & Non-Speaking Parts Available, Dorothy Found, Others Needed. Munchkins will be children.
Read more: http://uk.starsinmyeyes.tv/ArticleDetai ... z0pmB9gcFq
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: The Wizard of Oz

Post by francescasmum »

The advert says age 7-45, Leeds, Manchester York, Nationwide. When you appply it sends your profile to the advertisers but does not tellyou who that is. (It also says very strong singing voices required for some parts. There are singing and none singing part available.
db1
GRAMMY Award

Post by db1 »

Thanks Francescas Mum :) , hopefully it will go on Star Now or something too, we aren't subscribed to Stars in My Eyes :(
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Post by cupcake13 »

is it just me or does this sound a bit dodgy? :/
**Never give up**
joscotty
BRIT Award

Post by joscotty »

The casting is open until January 2011 - I have just sent in my dd profile. I hope it isnt dodgy :( Im quite new to all this.
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

cupcake13 wrote:is it just me or does this sound a bit dodgy? :/
I don't think its dodgy in the unsafe sense but it could be a small agency who is trying to be proactive and muscle in on an opportunity to supply cast members. I personally would not send my child's details off unless I knew to whom they were being sent (but thats just my view) and i've looked at the listing and there is just no way of telling.

I have no doubt that these roles will be cast via all the normal agencies once they get going with the casting. The initial auditions for all the Oliver children (exc Oliver & Dodger) did not start until 7 months before the show opened and this show does not open till March 2011 so there is plenty of time yet :D

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
Trish2410
GRAMMY Award

Post by Trish2410 »

sounds very strange to me
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

I heard they were doing remake of film,a much darker version and Dakota Fanning as Dorothy,but might just be chinese whispers.
joscotty
BRIT Award

Post by joscotty »

I googled and found quite a few rumours..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug ... ta-fanning

Makes me feel slightly better - although when thinking about it they cannot contact us directly, as telephone number and email are not visible.