Victoria Wood looking for Eric and Ernie

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

groovymother2k2
Nominee

Victoria Wood looking for Eric and Ernie

Post by groovymother2k2 »

Saw this on the BBC website, Does anyone have any info?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10387748.stm
steggers
BRIT Award

Re: Victoria Wood looking for Eric and Ernie

Post by steggers »

This sounds fab, I think my DS might be to young, but I'd love him to have a try....maybe I'll get him some built up shoes lol!
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Victoria Wood looking for Eric and Ernie

Post by Hecouldshine »

There is a little more information here http://www.screenyorkshire.co.uk/news/n ... e-and-wise

OPEN CASTINGS FOR MORECAMBE AND WISE (24/06/2010)

Victoria Wood is to cast two unknown teens in her Morecambe and Wise movie by holding open auditions.The comedy actress is behind a BBC Two film to be shown over Christmas in which she will play Eric Morecambe's mother.Now she wants to ensure the role is awarded on the basis of talent rather than go to a drama school wannabe.Morecambe and sidekick Ernie Wise were the nation's favourite comedy double act, keeping TV viewers in stitches and pulling in huge audiences.

The film When Eric Met Ernie will tell the story of how reluctant performer Morecambe was encouraged by his mother Sadie (Wood) to form the act with child song and dance star Wise. Wood is working with Bafta-winning writer Peter Bowker (pictured outside the National Media Museum at Screen Yorkshire's preview screening of Wuthering Heights last year) on the drama.

Castings will take place in Manchester and Leeds next month at venues to be announced, with both actors playing the characters at the ages of 12 and 13. Both are expected to have a natural northern English accent with Wise preferably from Yorkshire and Morecambe from Lancashire.

Have started a new thread in auditions 9-15 incase anyone misses it here
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical