Shrek

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Re: Shrek

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

Wondered that meself GR.....eldest is over 16 now....hmmm.... Asked Jo but she is just dealing with the younger Fiona. Suspect the elder one will go thru agents which doesn't help us cos we don't have one for Chaz right now! Talk about frustrating all round!! ](*,)
And all that jazz...!
pantopixie
Nominee

Post by pantopixie »

If the height restriction for Young Fiona is 4 ft 6, I was wondering if they would see smaller children ie 4 ft 2 ?
Dont want to pester Jo or waste her time. Any ideas ?
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

4ft 6 is the max height so I would say definatly go for it if your under this height. :D
Bring it on!!!
pantopixie
Nominee

Post by pantopixie »

Thanks for the advice Pearl :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I e-mails Jo Hawes and the children definately have to be London based for this one- AGAIN!
boots1
Nominee

Post by boots1 »

Any news for the ds's auditions?
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Gypsymum we are in same posistion its a shame as feel could be right .Found this may help anyone going.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfxXJU6T ... re=related
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

I love that song!! I think we are on the threshold of the height but there seems to have been a real mix of heights in the Broadway production so you never know. Have asked DDs agent to do a bit more investigation for us.
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

DDs agent says that you need to be within 40 miles of the theatre for this show to be considered for audition. Shame :cry:
Trish2410
GRAMMY Award

Post by Trish2410 »

Ipswich to London is just over an hour by train and 88 miles away. The thing is, it's probably quicker doing this than trying to drive 40 miles on the M25. Why on earth do casting agencies think we live in the dark ages with no transport for us local yokels (oooh ahh, oooh aah, etc.,) As it is DS is too old for West End now but he missed out on so many great opportunities because of this short sighted approach. Before all this came in, luckily for DS he got small boy in Billy Elliot and it was down to us to get him to and from the theatre (which we did and he never missed a performance). :D
Anyway, rant over, I would like to wish all those going for this a big 'Break a Leg' and hope it's good news :D :D :D
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

I agree Trish2410. We live only 50 minutes away by train and yet cannot be considered. You could live on the outskirts of London and so be considered but it could take longer to get to the West end. It's so annoying!! ](*,)
Emmy101
BRIT Award

Post by Emmy101 »

I have just turned 17 though I look around 13 (lucky me :S) anyway do you think they would consider me for teenage fiona?

and also if anyone finds about the teen auditions could you please let me know? thanks x