CV - What do I write

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

sXOX
GRAMMY Award

CV - What do I write

Post by sXOX »

Hi there,

I need to send off my CV for something on the internet (the site is safe don't worry!), but I am not sure which details to include about me, as I have never written mine myself. Could anyone tell me the basics of what I need to include?

many thanks!
rlaight
GRAMMY Award

Re: CV - What do I write

Post by rlaight »

if you go to the home page on this website there is a column of the left with lots of information in it including a sample Cv that you can copy! :D
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Ha! Got interrupted in the middle of this reply so you probably don't need this now - but when has that ever stopped me?! ;)

If this is a CV for an acting job then this is the standard look of an acting CV: It is always on just one side of A4 paper (however experienced you are!)

Your name big and bold across the top

Your (or your agent's) contact details underneath

Your height, age, hair colour, eye colour

Your training (if any)
Your spotlight view pin if you have it
A link to any other on-line directory or your own website (not essential by any means, but could be useful if you have a gallery of photos or voice clips on another site for example)

Then the main part of the CV - your "credits"

It should be in table format - if you've done a lot you can split into TV/Film, Theatre and other work, otherwise you can put it all together.

The order can vary but it's usually "role" "production" "director" "company" and/or "venue"

Then underneath your credits you can put other interesting bits
e.g. any sporting, dance, musical abilities (including grades if relevant)
Any experience you think might interest them or provide a topic of conversation in an interview (eg; I can drive a fork-lift truck or I hold the world-record for balancing teaspoons on my nose).

Don't worry if there's not much on it - the people doing the casting understand that someone at the start of their career won't have hundreds of credits.

Some people also include a small scanned photo on the CV itself (usually in the top right corner) which can be useful.

Good luck! There are no hard and fast rules about what your CV should look like so don't worry too much about it. The most important things are clarity and brevity. It should be uncluttered, no fancy fonts, and no spelling mistakes!
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Post by sXOX »

many thanks - that was very helpful! xx