Dead Eyes Feature film

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Dead Eyes Feature film

Post by bcnups »

Was very interested to read early posts re above feature film. Dgd has received unsolicited request via Starnow website for audition in London for above feature film.(So maybe she looks right for the part) No mention of audition fees - so obviously that's been quickly dropped. (we would not pay to audition in any case). Has anyone else got latest information on this company? Or been invited to audition on 25 July?
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Dead Eyes Feature film

Post by francescasmum »

yes we received the same e-mial, we had previously applied but never got round to sending a video audition, i guess not many people did so now there getting desperate and requesting pepople they see suitable.
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Post by bcnups »

WARNING...... I was going to say thank goodness someone else out there has had an offer, because I was beginning to be paranoid and wonder if dgd was being targetted. Anyhow, matter solved as Starnow removed his messages from her inbox, and when I queried it said that they felt that this individual's "offers were not always genuine". I had done some research on IMDb etc and couldn't find Andrew Faure, so already smelled something nasty. As it was I'd already alerted Agent of the contact, so she'd have winkled it out. Still, unpleasant stuff.
Chaffeurmum
BRIT Award

Post by Chaffeurmum »

My ds received a call back on this through his agent, although I suspect he is a bit old for this part. I think this is probably legit although very oddly managed. Auditions over the internet, then through agents is an unusual progression. Anyway, the Casting Director is clearly new to this.
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Post by bcnups »

How interesting chauffeurmum! So, it is possible that this is a real casting? All water under the bridge now. Dgd had expressed an interest, but was actually flying back from holiday on that date. (Also her parent was offered the opportunity to choose a time for her audition, which seemed suspiciously overly accomodating!) Starnow whipped away their e mails, so we didn't have final confirmation of venue for audition, anyhow. Ah well, better to be sceptical than not.
Chaffeurmum
BRIT Award

Post by Chaffeurmum »

If you wanted to go ahead and audition, the email contact is: deadeyes.casting@gmail.com as was posted on several sites other than Starnow. My ds is not auditioning until the 21st August so there is plenty of time to arrange one. As I said, I think it is legit but probably the first project for some of them.
Silvermoon181
Nominee

Post by Silvermoon181 »

Hi I'm really sorry to post on here if it's not appropriate but I couldn't find anything for "Newbies". I'm a mum of 16month old twins who've already done a bit of TV stuff - can someone point me in the direction of topic/somewhere I can keep an eye out! Thanks so muchx