Advice please!

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

lmcdaid
Nominee

Advice please!

Post by lmcdaid »

Hello,

We are new to this, my Son is 16 and got into NYT this year, (he has just finished the summer production S'warm) for which he gets 1 proffesional credit. What does this mean?

Also he is keen to get an agent so he could be put forward for professional jobs but how do we go about this, I have heard so many horror stories about agents ripping people off and never getting any auditions etc, so what is the best way forward? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you in adavnce

Lee :D
louisejudson
Nominee

Re: Advice please!

Post by louisejudson »

Hi Lee
If i am right then your son first 1 proffesional credit is somthing that he can use if he want to be on spotlight and it is also good for the CV that he wil need. There are alot of agent out there that will ripe you off but there are also alot out there that wont. This is some of the agent that i can recommed. www.chillikids.co.uk - www.markjermin.co.uk/management - www.film-tv-agency.com they are all free. spotlight is where all the casting peopler look for their cast (not sure how tru that is) but alot of agent wants you to be on spotlight.£ 80 for a year. if you go on www.kids.castingcallpro.com you will then fine alot of agency for free where you can go and have a look on there web page, you can regist there with all you info for free but if you want to apply for jobs you would have to pay £ 57 but thats for live.
You also have to be fexibl with casting alot of them are in london with only a days notic, which is fine if you live in london.
When you contact a agent the first thing you should ask is are you charge anything to have me on you books? or your webppage?
and are you a sole agent, which mean you cant use any other agent, which i dont think is any good, as they dont all get the same jobs in.
Hopes this will help you along you way.

From Louise