agency advice?

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Francine
Nominee

agency advice?

Post by Francine »

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has any experience with Eurokids agency in Manchester? :? My DS is 11 and so ready for an agent but we just dont know where to start??!! Can anyone help?? [-o<
louisejudson
Nominee

Re: agency advice?

Post by louisejudson »

Hi. I would not use Eruo Kids as they do charge you alot of money. I have put down tree agent that i know are free. www.markjermin.co.uk/management - http://s176672821.websitehome.co.uk - www.chillikids.co.uk They do want you to be on Spotlight and there renewal for 2011 is starting now, so it is a good time for you to start. If you go on www.thecastingwebsite.com you can register for free but you cant apply for jobs you would need to be a member for that £ 57 for live. On that website you will find alot of agent where you can contact them, as them if they charge anything for having you child on there books and there webpages. Hope this will help you along.
From Louise
Francine
Nominee

Post by Francine »

Thanks for that Louise!! will check out the links now x
xala
BRIT Award

Post by xala »

Eurokids are good @ taking your money, but nothing else!!
Francine
Nominee

Post by Francine »

I'm so glad I posted this because I was going to call them to make an appt for my DS's photo shoot with them! :shock: Looking at the website tho they look pretty impressive with the kids they have already cast tho so its so hard to know what to do? 8-[ My DS is so passionate about his acting that I want to be able to give him the best opportunity but not be fleeced lol!!

I've just checked out chillikids and MarkJermin and both look great so I will contact them I think. There is no mention of cost tho? :?

We live in Manchester to so that makes things harder I think! Also I could with a little bit of other advice if anyone can help? When I log on to here I see that his one and that one have been to auditions etc...is this because you are all with agencies? :-({|=
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

Chillikids and Mark Jermin won't cost anything up front, except that you might have to pay £80 to be in Spotlight (which is a very good idea) and if you don't have headshots then you will need to get some. These agencies get money by taking commission instead, which means that they take a percentage (usually around 10-20%) of whatever money you make through acting jobs. These are the only sort of agencies you want to be in. If an agency is asking you for money upfront which isn't to be put in Spotlight, then the general advice is to avoid them.

I don't know much about chillikids, but Mark Jermin seems to be a very good agency, so you should definitely contact them. And yes, most of the people on here who say that they have been to auditions gt the auditions through their agent, though there are the occasional open call audiions, which means that anyone can go to them.

Hope this helps, good luck with your DS!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Hi Francine, we were with Eurokids for a year and they telephoned me once to ask about my DD's tennis ability, that was it for the year. We are with Chilli kids and they put her forward for lots of castings and she has had several auditions and callbacks. There was a very small fee (i can't remember how much though) to be on their website. They will update your page for free but you have to pay if you want to change the photographs (DD also got free membership to kids casting call pro website through chilikids!). Viv Darlington (from Chillikids) is ver friendly and helpful. We get emails often, several times a week with castings I can ask DD to be submitted for. If there is someting very suitable for DD she texts me first. DD is also with Srirling management fron the Bolton area of Manchester which only charged £15 i think - they also require you to be on spotlight which is about £80 - but this is a preferred directory for a great many casting directors. Neither required expencive photoshoots!
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Hi
Mark Jermin insist you are on Spotlight and that you have their photographer to do the photos, so thats roughly £90 and £70 (from memory). They also run lots of drama classes. I'm guessing they are more likely to put kids from their classes in for auditions than outsiders. We were with them for a year but only got 1 audition and that was the week after I emailed to ask why we hadn't had any auditions! I didn't find them easy to talk to, although i know there are others on here who are very happy with them. Just didn't work for us.
Francine
Nominee

Post by Francine »

well it sounds like chilli kids may be the one to contact then u think? All we want is a break what a hard business heh? 8-[
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

DD has just signed up for ChilliKids. Viv is very friendly and helpful. It was just £18 for webpage development. You need professional headshots but you can use any photographer you like. I'd get in touch with them. You can apply via their website: www.chillikids.co.uk. Viv got back to us really quickly and was happy to answer all our questions etc. Good luck!
louisejudson
Nominee

Post by louisejudson »

Hi sapphire
Welcome you Chilli Kids. My two children has been with Viv from the begining of Chilli kids 2007 and i must say she is one of the few agent that do listen and are where understanding to you, from when she start chilli kids in 2007 she has grown in clinte and now do get alot of casting though. Good Luck and hope your dd will be getting lots of casting.
From Mum