What's the longest you have waited at a casting?

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Re: What's the longest you have waited at a casting?

Post by Fruitcake »

Mathsmum, that's dreadful! So unfair!

We went to a casting years ago and all the kids (and there were a lot of them) were herded into another room, and the parents told to stay where we were. Getting on for 3 hours later, DS had still not come out. It turned out that all the kids had just been put into another room on their own, with no adult supervision, and the casting team had just come in and out taking random groups of kids away to audition. DS had apparently just sat quietly in a corner and wouldn't push himself forward, so was in one of the last groups to be seen.

This would have been bad enough if it had been an open audition, but this was a casting through his agent and he actually had been given a time (the same as all the others, as it turned out!).

It makes me laugh that they can do this, but if they get a job they aren't allowed to go anywhere without a chaperone!
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

eek!

you may be interested to know that the bbc, which feels it has to be above suspicion, now insists parents are always with children, even at auditions - i think there is an issue of cramping acting style - being able to hear the other side of the door is good - but what happened to your ds is just wrong - what if a fight had broken out? (am teacher, so think worst)

mind you - i am grateful rules are laxer for auditions, i must admit - as dd(17) can now take ds along - hmm - i think she can apply for chaperone's license at 18 :D
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
lilly
BRIT Award

Post by lilly »

I took my dd to BBC auditon a few months ago, parents had to wait in reception whilst they took about 8 girls off and told they would be brought back. DD had audition and told to wait in hallway with the others, the audition was on time and then they all had to wait......... they waited for well over an hour in cramped hallway for someone to bring them back to reception which meant we missed several trains and didn't get home till 11.15pm