Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy

Post by Irishdancer »

Any ones ds go up for this? Its really strange as all the boys I saw where skinny boys, yet in the script some one called the boy jumbo, so asked a friend about this and she said that she had read the book and that boy was a fat round boy with asthma, in the first film that part was played by a larger boy so just wondered if any one has any idea why thay are looking at skinny boys when in the end I expect they will use a larger boy. If the boy had not been called jumbo in the script I would have thought they had changed the role to be a skinny boy but you can not really call a thin boy jumbo.
tomthumb
Nominee

Re: Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy

Post by tomthumb »

Yes we thought the same, my son is slim and was wondering why he was asked.
Was your son at a recall today ?
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

No ds did not get a recall but did not expect to get one they where seeing boys from 10-14 ds is 13 but only 4ft 9in tall and after the jumbo bit on the script and finding out in book and last film it was a larger boy who played this. Did yr son get a recall?
Romeha3
GRAMMY Award

Post by Romeha3 »

Hi my ds has an audition for this on Wednesday - postponed from before because they wanted to see him on his first day of his new Grammar school! I am unsure what to make of script 'jumbo' as my son is 12, of average height , fairly skinny with long legs!! seems to have sprouted these very long legs over the summer...
tomthumb
Nominee

Post by tomthumb »

No we did not get a recall, my son auditioned a while ago. I thought as you may of went today you were recalled.
It is filming in October,so they will have to cast quite soon. Maybe it will turn out to be a well known actor. Pyjamas and Nanny comes to mind :D
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

As ds needs his hair cut I asked cd how long it would be before we heard, was told that it could be up to a month, we went up 1st September if that helps, have a feeling that all those boys are working on films at the moment so hopefully some one else will have a chance. Still I can not understand the jumbo referance and cd looking at skinny boys still think it will go to a larger boy so have decided to forget about it
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

as an avid john le carre fan, i find this auditioning skiny boys for jumbo weird - if i watch the remake, i want it to relate to the book

is the assu ption that the modern viewer never reads anything? ](*,)
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Romeha3
GRAMMY Award

Post by Romeha3 »

Hi - did anyone else go to the auditions today or yesterday for this? pm me if you dont want to say on here!!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

DD has an audition for this tomorrow - she'd better brush up on her piano ( not that I'm desperate for her to get a part in a film Colin Firth is in or anything!!!)
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Anyone's DS had a recall for this or heard any more? DS went up in August, is also very slim! Obv moving on to new roles now if they asking for DD's. Good Luck to you DD Francescamum.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

They where auditiong for girls in August when ds auditioned so not a new thing, cd told me that they where filming end of October so still got plenty of time to get licences not heard of any recalls for boys, dont expect to hear back for ds as am sure they will use a larger lad, we are lucky only take us 45 mins to get to auditions and £6 so not much time waisted and very little money but I no boys who came down from up north a expencive jurney if they end up using a larger boy, like in thee book and last film. Just wondering if any one nos a larger boy who has auditioned for this would be very intresting to see if they have auditioned big boys. Its not a masive part so dont think that they will be having recalls, got every one on tape so director my just pick some one from those
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

When we came out of dds audition yesterday a lady in a car asked us for directions to the studio - she had with her a 10-12 year old slim boy!!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

They must have seen every 11 - 14 year old slim boy in the country now will be intresting to see who they cast for this part.
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Lol - have to hope they need lots and lots of classmates :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I hope Irishdancer's comment about the director choosing one is true as we got a phone call just an hour after DD audition yesterday saying the director wanted to see her! Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed!!