the casting website...

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

wissymo
GRAMMY Award

the casting website...

Post by wissymo »

hi,is it worth joining this website and paying the subscription??
is there anyone on here that has subscribed??
advice needed!!!
thanks
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: the casting website...

Post by Dogcop »

Hi, there are some threads on this elsewhere.
janine

Post by janine »

Only joined about 6weeks ago, but there hasnt been a suitable casting yet for my daughter(only 7). :cry: Most castings seem to be older children especially boys.But maybe I havent joined for long enough yet. Also most of the castings posted seem to be on this site within 24hrs anyway!!Would I bother again??? So far no!! x
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Hi, we found the opposite- there seemed to be more for girls and not many for ds!! I guess it changes all the time. Keep trying, it took Ds two years of auditions and rejection before he got a part in Sound of Music.
janine

Post by janine »

I will perservere with the site. good to hear that youve seen auditions suitable for girls! Well done to your son, how fabulous, he must be very talented & you must be very proud !! Have only taken daughter to one audition with Jo Hawes, for Les Mis, got call backs to last 12 , but no further, & despite knowing better(spent many years treading the boards myself), neither I nor my daughter take rejection very well!! keeping fingers crossed for loads of auditions for boys & girls! :D
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Call back to last 12 is fantastic. Ds takes rejection better than us so all the time he's happy to, we will keep going! Good luck- I'm sure the right part will come up!
glittermum
Nominee

Post by glittermum »

There was an opportunity through the casting website yesterday through Jo Hawes. She is holding a Masterclass in the Art of Auditioning up and down the country from Oct 24 - Feb next year. The class is for 1.5 hours and cost is £25. There are only 20 places to each class and its getting booked up fast. I have emailed Jo to reserve a place for my dd and already received a reply to place her on the list. Either look at the casting website or maybe contact Jo Hawes direct. ;)
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Do the latter!!!

I've booked both mine in for January. Jo responded really fast.
Sounds really great.
janine

Post by janine »

TYPICAL!!! The day after i complain that a site doesnt have many opportunities I recieve from them an E-mail notification re the above. Sounds fabulous , I E-mailed Jo directly yesterday \:D/ \:D/ , & she was super quick to respond. Daughter booked in & happy. Think these are going to be very very popular!!!!! HOW EXCITING!
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

It looks as if they will be having a few classess throughout the day.
glittermum
Nominee

Post by glittermum »

I think you're right igloobabe, this was on Jo Hawes audition circular today, hope it will be helpful info for anybody needing some direction in the audition department. I think its a fab idea that Jo is doing this. \:D/

From Jo Hawes

I also run masterclasses all over the country in the ART OF AUDITIONING – dates below - so if you are interested in any of these do let me know. These are separate from the shows I cast and are simply designed to help children approach auditions in a positive way and use their nerves.

· Each class is limited to 20 children only.

· Children should be aged 7 – 16.

· My staff and I all hold chaperone’s licences with enhanced CRB disclosures.

· Classes are 1.5 hours long – each session is complete and is not part of a course.

· Cost - £25 per child and £15 for siblings payable in advance.

· These one off sessions are fun and will help children to view auditions as an enjoyable challenge rather than a scary experience.

· Children take away detailed information reminding them of the things we have covered during the class. I also include tips for parents!

DATES PLANNED SO FAR -

· Maidenhead October 24 A few places remaining

· Maidenhead November 4 4.30 – 6pm

· London November 28 10.30 – 6pm

· Birmingham 5 Dec 10.30 – 6pm

· Plymouth 30 Dec pm

· London 16 Jan 10.30 – 6pm

· Brighton 23 Jan 10.30 – 6pm

· Cardiff / Bristol 6 Feb 10.30 – 6pm

· North Wales 20 Feb pm

· Kendal 21 Feb times TBC

· Manchester 25 Feb pm

· Oxford 26 Feb pm

Best wishes

Jo
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

This was posted on NAPM yesterday -see thread below in Castings and Auditions :D
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical