agency auditions

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

wissymo
GRAMMY Award

agency auditions

Post by wissymo »

hi,what usually happenes at an agency audition?
how long do they usually last and do you find out if your in there and then or do they let you
know later?
do the audition children together or seperatly?
thanks x
dodgepot
BRIT Award

Re: agency auditions

Post by dodgepot »

When DD went we were seen together (me & her) for chat and "get to know you" session about 10-15 mins and then I was asked to leave so she could do her prepared piece.
There were two others waiting when we came out and they called the following day to offer representation. All in all I would say we were there about 30mins.
Good Luck! Who are you seeing?
Really?
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

we have an audition with aj management next week!!
can't wait and counting the days down!!
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

When DS had audition with A&J he went in on his own, performed the piece he had prepared and came out. No interview type questions at all. Then the next day we had an email. We were only there 10 mins .
Tashy Bear
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tashy Bear »

Yes, my youngest DD (who was 6 yrs at the time) had an audition with A&J and although she was only in there for 10 mins I did have a chat with Jo afterwards and we were emailed the next day too. I think though the age of the child may have a baring on how long and maybe what type of audition you have as I understand some agencies prefer workshop style auditions.
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

well ,he did something right for a 1st try as he has been accepted with a&j management!!!
he is so excited! just need to sort the paperwork and he should be on the website soon x
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Well done to your DS. That's great news!
Emmy101
BRIT Award

Post by Emmy101 »

I think it depends on age,

for my jackie palmer i went in they asked me about my acting pieces (where they from, my character) did both then they asked why i choose them etc. again with my song, they why i wanted to join the agency, plans for future etc

Hope this helps and good luck with audition

Emma x
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

Congrats to your DS Wissymo - hope things go well for him!
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

Wissymo - what did your DS have to do in his audition?!
He's a similar age to mine so I guess would be similar audition process right?
Live and Let Live
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

hi mammaD
There is a link under my posts with a little showreel that we did.
It is not pro so cant be used anywhere but it was fun to make.... anyway,at the
end he does his audition piece which he made up himself!!my husband and i went in for a chat and were then asked
to wait outside the room while he did his prepeared piece!!they then email you the next day to say if you
were sucsesfull or not. He was 6 and 3 months
when he auditioned for A@J and we were really happy with everything so didn't bother
trying anywhere else and just signed up straight away!
It has been all go since then and he has his 3rd audition on wednesday and he only started last month!.
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

Wow - thanks for that Wissymo!
Were there any costs involved with registration?
Having taken your recommendation of A&J I sent some pics and details of DS to them and he's been invited to audition. Trying not to get my hopes up for him as I know it's going to be very difficult to be taken on. Unfortunately I couldn't do the first date they wanted (bad day workwise typically!) so we're not going until Feb. Haven't told ds yet as I know he will get way too excited about it and it'll seem like an age away to him. Just hope they don't see someone similar to him in the Jan auditions, I'd feel awful if he missed out because of the one day I can't get out of work. 8-[
Live and Let Live
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

hiya mammaD
Thats great news!
when my ds auditioned he already had some professional photos so after being acepted he was on the website within
a week!! although they do head shots at A@J whick look really good and also well priced!
there is a website fee to pay but i think it was about £45.00 or so as he started mid year. also i registered him with spotlight
which was £88.00 i think but we are still very new to this as well so don't really know yet if both those payment were really nessesary.
i hope everything goes well for him in feb,good luck!
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

Thanks Wissymo, I've seen your ds on the website and checked out the youtube - very talented and cute little boy! I'm sure he'll do really well :D
Good luck for his audition on Wednesday! Let us know how it goes x
Live and Let Live
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

How did it go yesterday Wissymo?
Live and Let Live