First TV Casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

LondonMum123
Nominee

First TV Casting

Post by LondonMum123 »

Hi All

Just need some advice! My DD who attends Mark Jermin has her first TV casting on Friday. I have taken my DD for 3 commercial castings and she was lucky enough to land roles in 2 out of the 3. However we have never attended a audition for Television before. Any Advice and tips? I know Mark is very good going through the script in class on Sunday.

Any Tips? :D
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Re: First TV Casting

Post by nextinline »

Relax, tell your dd to be herself and remember that the CD might have a clear idea of what she/he is looking for. My ds and dd have got through numerous castings that we didn't expect them too because at the time they were what the CD wanted. Other times when they have appeared to fit the brief they haven't got through. It can be a bit of a lottery at times. It sort of depends on what type of production she is applying to but in general make sure she is prepared to answer questions to camera and able to adlib if necessary. She might be asked to repeat lines with direction to see if she can change her performance to suit the Director. It is often better if you don't over-rehearse lines and let the kids put their own emphasis into it as then it sounds more natural rather than having too much adult input. In other words let the Director direct. It is often as important that your dd is relaxed in the environment as possible as in our experiences the CD is often looking at the child's versatility and ability to cope. We have often been told by CDs that our ds and dd are very easy to work with as they just get on with what they have been asked to do and enjoy it. Expect nothing and enjoy the opportunity. Good luck and remember if she doesn't get it there is always a good reason and something else will come along soon. Whatever happens she will learn from the experience and it will help in the next audition/opportunity.
LondonMum123
Nominee

Post by LondonMum123 »

Thankyou soooo much. Mark has been over it with her so fingers crossed!! x
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

Good luck!
Live and Let Live
LondonMum123
Nominee

Post by LondonMum123 »

Thanks very much!! I am so nervous . I have planned my route to the audition. I am more nervous than my DD. I have been on here trying to get as many hints and tips as possible! Why do we mums do it?!
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

How did it go yesterday?
LondonMum123
Nominee

Post by LondonMum123 »

We found out today my DD got the job from her first TV casting. she is the lead in an episode of BBC Casulaty. Agency called today she will be filming for 2 weeks in Bristol . We are over the moon and cannot believe it
hollydolly
GRAMMY Award

Post by hollydolly »

Congratulations and very well done to your DD. Hope she has a great time filming. =D> =D> =D>
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

oh excellent!! she must be so excited..and you of course!!!
let us all know when her episode is on! x
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

Congratulations!! Let us know when it's going to be aired \:D/
Live and Let Live
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

will done to yr dd
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Very well done, we will look out for her. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
tinkermiya
BRIT Award

Post by tinkermiya »

How exciting! Very well done to her. =D>
Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Post by Fruitcake »

Huge congrats to your DD on her first ever audition- must be a very talented little girl!

Enjoy!

PS: Make sure you take your swimming things - there's a lovely pool at the hotel!!!
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

That's fantastic news. Well done to her. What an opportunity. Hope she enjoys the filming =D>