Les Miserable auditions, please help

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Silvia
Nominee

Les Miserable auditions, please help

Post by Silvia »

Hello,

First I would like to thank all the users and contributors to this site; it is here that I found the link for the audition to Les Mis.

My daughter has now been called to audition for the part of the young Cosette and she is extremely excited , since it is her first audition ever for a West End show!!! It is also our first as parents (I am a scientist, my husband an engineer and we know virtually nothing of performing) and would like any tips/dos and donts/ personal experiences as you may be willing to share.

Also, would it be appropriate for me to ask a schedule of the rehearsal and performances ( time/ frequency/ place) to Jo Hawes? I would like more details as to the time commitment. Should I do so now by e-mail or ask her on the date of audition?
And finally, I guess , if successful, I will need somenone like a nanny to take my daughter to and from rehearsals and shows; I would be grateful for any suggestion.

Please help, I am quite out of my depths, the auditions are this coming wed on 23 January and I only knew of this yesterday.

Many thanks

Silvia
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Re: Les Miserable auditions, please help

Post by pinky3 »

Also - they will be asked to sing Castle on a Cloud for sure - so she should practise that if she can.
LaceyLou
Nominee

Post by LaceyLou »

When my dd auditioned they were asked to sing happy birthday? Not sure if its the same nowadays as that was years ago but I suppose it won't hurt running through it a couple of times! Best wishes for her audition!
tizzy
BRIT Award

Post by tizzy »

:lol:
Last edited by tizzy on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Tizzy, this thead dates back to 2013 so I guess Silvia's DD has finished her auditions by now :lol:

If you type Cosette ino the search engine at the top RH side of the page, you'll find loads of threads that answer your questions. Plus there are loads of mums of ex-Cosettes who'll tell you more.

Good luck to your niece

Deb x