CBBC Hetty Feather

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: CBBC Hetty Feather

Post by CatKat_0 »

Do you know what age range this is targeted at? My DD is just turned 10 - she loves the JW books but hasn't read this one?

Is it suitable to take her to see it?
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

I think the theatre's website says 7+
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Great thanks x
daisyjane
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisyjane »

The stage show is fine for 7+ and when we went there were plenty of younger kids there as well. The only slight caveat for younger kids is the length ( 2 hours) and the fact that they make (very good) use of minimal props and costume changes so that the audience has to work a little to imagine the settings. This is fine for an older child but I can imagine a much younger child might find it harder to follow. The music and acrobatics are all amazing and the tone is vibrant and upbeat despite the difficult issues, such as adoption and death, that the story encompasses. Hope this helps!
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Thank you - much appreciated x
Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jellybabies »

is anyone still in the running for this? My sister auditioned a while ago but heard nothing back, we are assuming it's a no!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Think thet're still seeing girls, a friend's DD went last week, not for Hetty, don't think they've heard yet of recalls
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

My ds was asked to go today but we couldn't make it :( Recalls have been happening too x
HRHmum
Nominee

Post by HRHmum »

My dd seen too, around Easter - heard nothing back - anyone else's doc had a recall?
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Sounds exciting , good luck to all you little ones. Is there a certain type of character they are looking for ?
daisyjane
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisyjane »

Sorry to take the discussion slightly off track again but breaking news from the "Hetty on stage" experience - they are transferring to the West End for a limited run. If you didn't manage to get to the tour, I can heartily recommend booking ! The show will be at the Vaudeville Theatre in the Strand, booking from 5 August till 6 September, 40 performances only.
cannylass
Nominee

Post by cannylass »

For all of you waiting to hear have just seen on Facebook Feed from a local Theatre School that the role of Hetty Feather has now been cast by a 12 year old Southend girl. This is her first professional role. Very well done to her =D>
TomS
GRAMMY Award

Post by TomS »

Last edited by TomS on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a registered user
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by esmum »

Wonder if all of the other roles have been cast yet? Thought they would have to decide on Hetty before confirming Hetty's friends?.....good luck everyone still in and well done to the young lady from Southend =D>
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

DD tells me that filming has just begun for this. According to polly Allen one of the original Veruca salts,she is about to film this, along with Isabelle Clifton and Isabelle Allen- (little cosette in les mis film). ? :)
Last edited by Melaniec123 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.