Miss You Already

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

debi340
Nominee

Miss You Already

Post by debi340 »

My daughter had an audition for young Jess in the film Miss You Already. She got recalled and got a chemistry audition, but had to miss it as was on holiday abroad. Does anyone know whether anyone has been cast for the extra roles yet?
ditzymum
BRIT Award

Re: Miss You Already

Post by ditzymum »

Hi Debi340,
My daughter has been asked to audition for this tomorrow but not sure we'll go as she's never had to do an American accent & she's not feeling confident, given that she has less than 24hrs to practice.
I would definitely call your agent to ask if they want to see your daughter again.
Can I ask is your daughter confident with accents? Not sure whether to press daughter to go regardless.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

A and J have just posted that 2 of their girls have been cast in this. Best of luck for others going for any remaining roles x
ditzymum
BRIT Award

Post by ditzymum »

A&J's girls were cast in the role of Milly I think.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

yes I think so. Good luck to those still in the runnin g- looks amazing!!!
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

Post by waitingandwaiting »

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to all of this with my dd. She had a recall but sadly we were on hols abroad. Has anyone heard anymore about the Jess role? My dd is 1/2 British 1/2 American with spot on accents for both sides of the Atlantic.

This is a great website and I am very happy to have found it!
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

not seen any casting news on this role yet - might be worth pushing your agent to see if you can get in at the next round if they haven't found what they wanted yet!
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

After seeing this thread yesterday, I contacted her. She said she would contact them. Who knows what is happening. I really don't want to be a pushy mum and try again! It would be one thing if dd tried and just did not get it because she was not good enough or not right, but to be so close and yet so far as we were 1000s of miles away! DD is sad to not have had the chance to try again but I told her that is just how it is and if she wants to carry on, she has to accept the rough with the smooth. I think because she got a job (advert) from her first ever audition, she thinks it will be easy.
debi340
Nominee

Post by debi340 »

That is so funny, my daughter was also unable to attend the chemistry audition as she was on holiday, and she to also got her first tv advert with her first audition!
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

What a shame for both of them for missing out on this...but well done for the advert! She had such a blast doing the advert and is so keen to do more.... just waiting and waiting!
O:)
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

And just got official confirmation that it is a no for another project on here. I think we pretty much knew that as we were away for that too but when you see it in black and white.... :( good feedback but not this time.
debi340
Nominee

Post by debi340 »

Just had message from agent - daughter too tall for young Jess, had good feedback though!
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

Debi340 - so sorry to hear that. Did you daughter go to the recall? We have heard nothing still - not a def yes or no on this one. Nice about the good feedback for your dd.