Castings and how to look for them

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

barmby1234
BRIT Award

Castings and how to look for them

Post by barmby1234 »

Hello. I am new to all this so sorry for any daft questions.... My son has just been accepted into a well known agency and waiting for a head shot for the website etc. Now if he has an agent can I still look around for auditions and where do I look? I have no idea where to start. There are so many websites around. My son has had one audition so far which was in Manchester. He loved every minute so I would love him to go for more. He loves music, acting, singing etc. Do I have to tell his agent that he is going for other auditons? Thank you for any advice and help. It would be greatly appreciated.
littleelphaba
Nominee

Re: Castings and how to look for them

Post by littleelphaba »

• starnow
• screenterrier
• stage tracker
• kids casing call pro
• facebook, search for something like *the place where you live* actors and filmakers and sometimes there are groups, I know that this one is dodgy but my Dd has been in some short films thanks to Facebook
I hope this helps xx
mich707
GRAMMY Award

Post by mich707 »

It depends which agent you are with. Some agents don't mind you submitting your child through sites like KCCP, Starnow etc...others will not want you too. You should check with your agent so it is clear from the start. Also, some that are happy for you to submit will still want the work put through them (which is usually recommended anyway, for security reasons and for them to raise invoice and chase payment)
JustynaK
Nominee

Post by JustynaK »

I agree with Mich707. It's always best to check with the Agent first as the last thing you want is to come across as a pushy mum, submitting your child alongside your agent. Casting directors are using different websites, including KCCP, and so it's very easy to duplicate submissions if you don't discuss beforehand.

I think it's also good to know that when using KidsCCP, you can link your profile to the agency and let them do all the work through our site.