LIPA recall

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sessex
Nominee

LIPA recall

Post by Sessex »

My DD has a recall at LIPA and they have asked her to sing a MT song ? Any tips ? I have told her to avoid anything from WICKED as no doubt everyone girl will sing Gravity !! Any advice will be greatly appreciated ! Many thanks
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: LIPA recall

Post by sapphire »

Congratulations to your DD! My DD is in her final year there and has lover her time at LIPA and in Liverpool. It's a fab city to be a student in! At LIPA they will definitely be assessing 'acting through song' rather than pure singing ability so the most important thing is to choose something that lets her do that.

I am not an MT expert but hope this helps a bit and do let us know how your DD gets on an her recall!

[-o< [-o< [-o<
Sessex
Nominee

Re: LIPA recall

Post by Sessex »

thanks Sapphire, and good to hear your DD loves the course and the city. it helps my DD to hear that . Interesting to hear you comment about acting as well as the singing , that does sound like a good tip . The instructions are that she must either sit or perch on a stool and not move from that. Now i know the reason why i think...because they want to see if you can act out the song with your eyes and body language only . ill report back with how she got on in next couple of weeks. Best, nervous Drama Dad !