Audition room secrets from experiences NAPM's

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Angel3
Nominee

Audition room secrets from experiences NAPM's

Post by Angel3 »

My daughter age 7 has her 1st professional audition in 4 weeks, she has learnt what she has been told to and will rehearse and rehearse.... But what tips would you give a newbie in their very first audition? We are inexperienced in every aspect of auditioning.... So it is over to you...help!!!!!
There will be 29 other girls in the room auditioning too xxx
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Re: Audition room secrets from experiences NAPM's

Post by lollypop »

Just tell her to relax and enjoy it, and we always have a macdonalds treat to celebrate whatever happens.
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

As lollypop says - first and foremost let her enjoy it! She's only 7 - let her have fun and then, after the audition try to forget about it! I know it's hard but we have always tried to see (and get DS to see) auditions as a bit of fun and then move on. As Doris would have said 'que sera sera..' Oh and whilst there are no 'secrets' I can pass on I recommend taking a good book for you and something (quiet) to keep your DD occupied - there can be a lot of waiting around!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Would not rehearse too much most cd want natural child so if dd rehearse too much will not look natural. Let her enjoy herself. My DS have had a lot of filming work and never rehearsed cd/directors liked them because they where natural. Don't make her do the actions just learn the script my Ds never did the actions just by doing facial expressions is enough 9 times out of 10 cd/director will have changed directions any way and if dc have gone over it again and again if asked to do some thing else will get confused. That is drama with adverts it dose not matter they can be great actors but for adverts they are looking for a certin look so if your child is not picked then it's they don't have the look they they want and that is all there is to it.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I agree with Irishdancer, don't over-rehearse especially for film and TV
I think for certain stage pieces it is helpful to have input from a drama tutor.
Be polite, punctual, sit quietly in the waiting area
Have confidence and enjoy!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE