First time audition help

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Busyballerina
Nominee

First time audition help

Post by Busyballerina »

Hi my dd has an audition for the part of matilda, can anyone offer any advice of what to expect? They only seem to be seeing 4 girls at a time for half an hour is this normal? Also if she is lucky enough to actually get the part what is the rehearsal schedule like? And how do they spilt the performances up between the girls. I know they perform 2 and are on standby for 2 but are they consecutive and they same each week? Also do they take into account how far you live from London when deciding which performance you do, or is it the case that you fit in the space being vacated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Re: First time audition help

Post by Flosmom »

Hi and welcome, and congratulations to your DD for getting her audition =D> =D> =D>

There is a lot of information on this site about Matilda auditions and the requirements of the role too. Lots of NAPMs children have been through this process and a few have appeared in the production.

My advice to you, as to everyone who is new to this site, is to put the kettle on, put your feet up and read through all the threads on here. You will find answers to questions you didn't know you needed to ask. And the generosity of all the NAPMs who have shared their experiences will provide you with a richness of understanding that more than repays your investment of time.

I hope this is helpful - good luck

Deb x
Busyballerina
Nominee

Post by Busyballerina »

Thanks, just finding it a bit difficult to know where to begin and find info for what happens post audition stage, I will keep looking :D
Busyballerina
Nominee

Post by Busyballerina »

Thanks, that's what I thought.