Advice please on TVC commercial casting.. pencilled in..

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Elizasmum
BRIT Award

Advice please on TVC commercial casting.. pencilled in..

Post by Elizasmum »

Hi. Can anyone help please? My daughter attended a casting, in Glasgow, for a well known department store (their insurance company) on Monday. The recalls are scheduled for this Saturday. I know that a casting was held last week in London for the same job and yesterday an agency announced that one of their children had been pencilled in for it? Do you think I can assume my child is not in the running or, due to the four day difference in audition dates, is it still possible they might get in touch?

Thanks!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Advice please on TVC commercial casting.. pencilled in..

Post by Irishdancer »

Why not ask your child's agency they will be able to tell you, so many kids get penciled in that some agency's don't say any thing unless you are heavily penciled but still that dose not mean they will get it. I hate it when agency's tweet or put on Facebook that one of there kids has been penciled as it means nothing. The best agency's don't tweet about there kids being penciled only when they have got the job.
Elizasmum
BRIT Award

Post by Elizasmum »

Thanks Irishdancer. Just after I posted this I got an email from agent saying the producer wasn't looking at the tapes until end of week so we would be hearing until next week. I thought I had managed to delete this but obviously not. Your advice is welcome though. Yes I think it's a bit weird that some agencies make such a fuss. Surely they should all just wait until the child has actually secured the job. Thanks again.
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

Hope it turns into a confirm for your DD. Good luck!
Elizasmum
BRIT Award

Post by Elizasmum »

Thank you, Gatesheadangel. Fingers crossed!