Living in London

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

barmby1234
BRIT Award

Living in London

Post by barmby1234 »

I am new to all this! If a casting states the child needs to live so many miles from London does this mean that there is no chance of getting the part. It would be a waste of time going. And do they have to live in London for example if they got a part in a West End show etc... Sorry if it is a daft question..Where do I start to look at trying to get auditions apart from on here.
Trundlemum
BRIT Award

Re: Living in London

Post by Trundlemum »

Often audition notes state 'easy commute to London' in which case it's up to you, really a jouney of 30-40mins into mainline station then 20-30 on tube is acceptable. Remember if you end up ferrying your Dc into London three times a week you really don't want a 4-5 hour round trip. Saying that, some (Bugsy Malone for example) state central London only and wouldn't even entertain the idea of seeing us at 34 mins away, just the way it is xxx
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Living in London

Post by CatKat_0 »

I think you need to be honest too. There would be nothing worse than getting cast and then finding your school won't sign the form or your local authority won't authorise. Often the distance thing is related to ensuring the children still get enough schooling and of course, being able to be called in at short notice. We were called one night 45 minutes before my DD was due on stage. If you can't make it, then often the show would be ruined if they don't call anyone else and you can't get in on time. Always best to check distance and criteria. Sometimes they board the children too.