Black Eye before TV commercial. Aaaagggh HELP!!!

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Black Eye before TV commercial. Aaaagggh HELP!!!

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

Ok so first things first - DS is fine, but managed to collide at high speed with another child in the playground.(other child is fine too!) She was clearly taller than him as her teeth have gashed his eyebrow and his eye is like something out of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Tvc on Friday assuming he doesn't still look like he is wearing a water melon in place of half his face. (Should have been last week - when he looked like a boy - but got rescheduled grrrr).

So clearly if he looks like an alien from the planet Zarquon we will have to ring and say. His agent thinks it will all be fine and they can cover it up, but you can't cover up a swollen shut eye! To be fair it is reducing now and we might just make it back to human form by Friday, but any tips for speedy recovery? Can they cover up the scab from the gash or do we need to bow out now?

Anyone else managed to conjure rapid healing?!?!

Aaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhh boys!!!!! :shock: :roll: ](*,)
daisydoodle
BRIT Award

Re: Black Eye before TV commercial. Aaaagggh HELP!!!

Post by daisydoodle »

Oh no! Only thing that might work is putting ice on it at every opportunity to bring the swelling down. Bruising, cuts etc can all be covered up with make up.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Oh dear - your poor DS! Personally I would have thought it will be ok by Friday - some bruising for sure but I would imagine they could cover that up.

For the swelling you can still apply an icepack or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a cloth - no longer than 15 mins at a time.

And arnica cream can help bring out the bruise faster so that it heals faster. I think you can get tablets too but have never used them.

Children are usually pretty resilient and heal quite quickly. Around the eye area always looks really horrific but in a weeks time there will probably be no trace of it ever happening.
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

My dd went head first smash into a wall and did not even resemble herself! With the use of witch hazel and arnica the bruising had pretty much disappeared in 2 days. You could give them a try. Best of luck x
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Post by swanny »

Hi
Whata nightmare! I agree with teh others- buy some arnica homeopathic tablets and get him to take as instructed along with arnica cream. It may well work in time. Good luck
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Ok. Arnica and witch hazel here we come... Watch this space! Thanks.

Glad I'm not the only one Mrs Lovett!!
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Oh no, Arnica - swear by it x
Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Post by Fruitcake »

With regards to the cuts/grazing - this can easily be covered up. My DS fell of a bike whilst filming once and grazed the whole of one side of his face! The make-up girl was brilliant and you would never have known!

Good luck - I'm sure your DS will be fine by Friday :)
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Definitely getting there!

DS has been diligently putting first ice, and now latterly warm compresses on it, plus arnica, which has all helped.

Only downside is that to apply compress he had to remove glasses. Left them on the arm of sofa, and they were promptly snaffled and eaten by the dog. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

So now we need to sort identical looking replacement glasses by Friday (his spares are bright blue). Oh for goodness sake!!! :shock:
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Post by swanny »

iT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS! GOOD LUCK!
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Well we made it! Make up lady worked wonders and the very kind man at the opticians lashed his glasses together in a wearable fashion and you would never have known.

He had a ball, and it's so interesting seeing little people click into 'work mode'.

Thank for all the tips and encouragement. Been a roller coaster of a week, but wine o'clock at last!
daisydoodle
BRIT Award

Post by daisydoodle »

Glad it all worked out well in the end - bet you enjoyed that well earned glass of wine!! =D>