Stagebox audition

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jennyt78
Nominee
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby Jennyt78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 pm

My daughter has also been offered a place on the London Development programme. I emailed Stagebox on Saturday with some queries regarding the cost and numbers before accepting and haven't heard anything back from them yet. I imagine that they have been inundated since the emails went out on Saturday but has anyone else had any correspondence back from them?

Thanks.

lwc86
Nominee
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby lwc86 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Jennyt78 wrote:My daughter has also been offered a place on the London Development programme. I emailed Stagebox on Saturday with some queries regarding the cost and numbers before accepting and haven't heard anything back from them yet. I imagine that they have been inundated since the emails went out on Saturday but has anyone else had any correspondence back from them?

Thanks.


I emailed them late Saturday afternoon & they emailed back to me today x

actor101
BRIT Award
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby actor101 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Spoke to a lovely lady today who confirmed letters for the Elite Squad will be sent August 1st. Hopefully this is helpful info for those waiting on news.

lyndahill
BAFTA Award
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby lyndahill » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm

FairyLiquid wrote:I've been following this because I'm hoping my DD can audition next year. I'm now a bit worried about cost. I thought it used to be that you just paid for the weeks they attended? Is it now a monthly fee regardless of how many of the weeks they can actually go to? I know we won't be able to commit to all of the weeks due to holidays etc and don't want to be paying for days she isn't there. Is there a minimum number of weeks each member needs to commit to? If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be very grateful. Assume it's the same for development and elite teams. Thanks.


Hi. Yes you pay every month regardless.If your child cannot make a week then you can swap for one of the other areas. Unless the London Borough schools have different holidays themselves the weeks are payable now as it is a London Team. The Elite Team is 5 weeks of 5 day training/workshops during holidays.x

Jennyt78
Nominee
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby Jennyt78 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm

lwc86 wrote:
Jennyt78 wrote:My daughter has also been offered a place on the London Development programme. I emailed Stagebox on Saturday with some queries regarding the cost and numbers before accepting and haven't heard anything back from them yet. I imagine that they have been inundated since the emails went out on Saturday but has anyone else had any correspondence back from them?

Thanks.


I emailed them late Saturday afternoon & they emailed back to me today x


Thank you! Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

Milliexb
Nominee
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby Milliexb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:45 pm

lwc86 wrote:So I've signed Scarlett up to the development programme . I'm not sure if I've totally lost the plot agreeing to this as it seems so expensive £89 a month for 4 x 3day workshops but Scarlett really wants to have ago. Stagebox did get back to me to say that she is very special & has enormous amount of potential but needs more musical theatre training so I've decided to give it ago & see what they can do with her :D She's just turned 9 so time is on her side & she is really hopeful to make the elite team in the future.

So is any1 else's little ones at the Leeds workshop next week or joining the London development team as she'd love to make some friends & not feel too nervous on the first day xx


They said the exact same thing in my email. Exceptionally talented, enormous amount of potential..needs more MT training! If you also read the email carefully it's 3x 3 days training so nearly £120 a day. The 4th set of days are outside the payment term (runs from Sept 17 - July 18) so subject to another years payments and contract. The high cost plus a chat with a mum who's child was on the development team has made me decide not to take up the place.

Calgan
Nominee
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby Calgan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi

Just to clarify. I have had it confirmed that for 12 months payments you receive all 12 days of training so it is £89 per day. This is comparable with other masterclass days my DD has completed so seems in line with costs elsewhere. The added bonus of this as I see it is that they have had to audition to get in so the standard of participants should be at a certain level. We have decided to accept the place and DD is really looking forward to it.

barmby1234
BRIT Award
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby barmby1234 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello,
Just to let you know that in the end we found out that we received a development team place. We really can't wait to start. Any information would be helpful xx
Last edited by barmby1234 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theatre
BRIT Award
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby Theatre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:02 pm

barmby1234 wrote:Hello,
Just to let you know that in the end we found out that we received a development team place in Leeds or Manchester! We are so happy- cost really doesn't matter for us! We really can't wait to start. Any information would be helpful xx

Hiya we too have been offered same..my DD is soo thrilled. Have you had any further information since the initial acceptance email?
Thanks

fluffyteg
Nominee
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby fluffyteg » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 am

barmby1234 wrote:Hello,
Just to let you know that in the end we found out that we received a development team place. We really can't wait to start. Any information would be helpful xx

Brilliant news! Still nothing here. Someone mentioned above she'd been told Elite letters go out August 1st? I thought all Elite had been phoned. Confused.com DD asks every day if I've heard anything I just keep saying no news is good news etc. Keep smiling.

fluffyteg
Nominee
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby fluffyteg » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am

actor101 wrote:Spoke to a lovely lady today who confirmed letters for the Elite Squad will be sent August 1st. Hopefully this is helpful info for those waiting on news.

I'm confused I thought all Elite offers had been phoned? Is this for London only? We are still waiting on any news. At least we haven't had a no yet!

actor101
BRIT Award
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby actor101 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:37 am

fluffyteg wrote:
actor101 wrote:Spoke to a lovely lady today who confirmed letters for the Elite Squad will be sent August 1st. Hopefully this is helpful info for those waiting on news.

I'm confused I thought all Elite offers had been phoned? Is this for London only? We are still waiting on any news. At least we haven't had a no yet!


Sorry, didn't mean to confuse things even more!
More details on the Elite offers are being sent Aug 1st.
We'd had the inital phone call but I was after more details on what next so I called up Stagebox. Fingers crossed for all waiting x

fluffyteg
Nominee
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby fluffyteg » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:39 am

actor101 wrote:
fluffyteg wrote:
actor101 wrote:Spoke to a lovely lady today who confirmed letters for the Elite Squad will be sent August 1st. Hopefully this is helpful info for those waiting on news.

I'm confused I thought all Elite offers had been phoned? Is this for London only? We are still waiting on any news. At least we haven't had a no yet!


Sorry, didn't mean to confuse things even more!
More details on the Elite offers are being sent Aug 1st.
We'd had the inital phone call but I was after more details on what next so I called up Stagebox. Fingers crossed for all waiting x

Thank you xx

lwc86
Nominee
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby lwc86 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:57 pm

I think the 1st Aug must be the date all details go out for the children that have been offered an elite or a development place that have accepted the place as we have been told the same.

If you are still waiting now i would email or phone them , they seem very nice & friendly , I'm sure they won't mind x

barmby1234
BRIT Award
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: Stagebox audition

Postby barmby1234 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 pm

I would advise ringing up or emailing them. We just thought to check as many people had found out except a couple. Luckily, they told us what we had gained. Hope this helps xx


Return to “Castings and Auditions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: esmum and 9 guests