Matilda Tour London Callback

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

lowe74
Nominee

Re: Matilda Tour London Callback

Post by lowe74 »

I'm wondering if there is a reason why not everyone has had a response yet for the tour. Would anyone know why that would be? I'm wondering if some characters have not yet been cast?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Often offers go out, and they keep some children in reserve until all contracts are signed. That's why it takes some time for all to hear.
lowe74
Nominee

Post by lowe74 »

oh :? I don't imagine that children turn down these kind of opportunities very often though.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

No, just occasionally a school won't agree and so the LEA won't issue a licence.
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

We had a no too. What a gorgeous email they sent tho and how brilliantly did all our children do getting so far! For dd's first audition (poss last too!) we thought it was an amazing experience. Very happy she got so far and happy with the outcome too (it turned out that you can't *really* live anywhere in the U.K. for the tour - imo...). Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear :D
lowe74
Nominee

Post by lowe74 »

aprilskies, do you mean you think you lived too far away? when did you get your no? sorry for your dd x
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

Hi, yes we live too far away. She'd have had to move away from home full time for 3 mths before the tour started - don't know how we'd have managed it (I'm sure we'd have tried hard to sort something out tho if she'd got the part!!). We had an email Monday afternoon. They must still be considering your child - fingers crossed for you :)
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

RoseTower4 - we got to the final and got a no so we asked whether we were still being considered for London and they said no so I think it's great that they have recalled you and you should go! Well done to your dc for still being in the running! X
lowe74
Nominee

Post by lowe74 »

aprilskies, I'm sure they said in the meeting that we had that they would be accommodated in London for the initial period if you lived to far away? I don't see that she could still be being considered - im sure they must of made there decisions already. I think the waiting period is much harder than getting a no.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Aprilskies wrote:Hi, yes we live too far away. She'd have had to move away from home full time for 3 mths before the tour started - don't know how we'd have managed it (I'm sure we'd have tried hard to sort something out tho if she'd got the part!!). We had an email Monday afternoon. They must still be considering your child - fingers crossed for you :)
Is this what they have actually told you? They made it sound like the children would be housed in hotels /house during rehearsal periods. Is this not the case? I've only heard of one offer - to a London based child.
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Thanks Iggyandbubble, I'm sorry you weren't able to go for the London show. Ds has been put back into the penultimate round which he already got through for the tour only two weeks ago. It's hard enough to get a no after the final, it would be worse to get a no for the round before that having got so far only a few weeks ago, if you get my meaning?
lowe74
Nominee

Post by lowe74 »

That's what I thought, we were told they would be housed for rehearsals.
was the offer to a girl that you heard of ACookie?
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

Yes they did say that you're right, but realistically would she want to live away full time for that long? Possibly with just a few other children and probably very limited home visits in that time :-(. Week on and week off for the tour would be different - hard work for parents getting the chn there and back yes, but ok for the kids (and the brilliant experience for them of being in the show!!). It was the rehearsal period that threw me just cos we do live so far away. I've learnt a lot!! Wonder why you haven't heard.. hope you do soon.
lowe74
Nominee

Post by lowe74 »

aprilskies, ok that makes sense yes. Thankyou, I hope so too x
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

Is this what they have actually told you? They made it sound like the children would be housed in hotels /house during rehearsal periods. Is this not the case? I've only heard of one offer - to a London based child.[/quote]

Yes they'd be housed. Likely in a hotel they said. So therefore she'd have moved there for the rehearsal period which is 3 months. As there's one day off in the week and one day off at weekends, I couldn't see what opportunity there would be for getting home? Would be more manageable if you're 1-2 hrs away... but 3-4 hrs+ would make day returns a bit unlikely. That's all I meant by moving there full time before the show.