School of Rock Audition 2018

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

stageright22
Nominee

School of Rock Audition 2018

Post by stageright22 »

Hi - My DD is off to her first ever audition. We are very excited AND anxious at the same time - at least I am! Looking at it as a fun and positive experience. I know it is jumping the gun but does anyone know how hard it is to get a recall and what you might be asked to do in a second audition pls? As you can tell, I'm new to all of this! Many thanks for any guidance/support xx
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: School of Rock Audition 2018

Post by ACookie »

There is a big thread in the musical theatre section all about school of rock. Have a look through, I expect lots of your questions will be answered. From experience I would say about 2 out of every 10/12 go through from first rounds to recalls, but it is difficult to really put a number on it. It depends what they are looking for, which role they are looking at your daughter for and what they see! Use a first audition as an experience and an opportunity to get known to the casting team. Make a good first impression and show potential and they will invite back in future rounds if it's not to be this time.
stageright22
Nominee

Re: School of Rock Audition 2018

Post by stageright22 »

Many thanks @Acookie for your sound advice. I hadn't even seen there was a Musical Theatre Section! Thanks again x