DD is writing a musical!

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

loladd33
GRAMMY Award

DD is writing a musical!

Post by loladd33 »

Hiya all,

I just wanted to tell everyone about this as I feel like everyone here is very supportive and also this might be an idea for other people’s DCs who want more experience in a state school!
My dd who is in year 10, and taking GCSE Drama, has just been in a school play which was directed by A Level Drama students in Year 12. She enjoyed most of the experience but she often said to me that she wishes she had a chance to direct. Her and a lot of her peers want to do a musical next year for the school production but licences cost an awful lot for schools. A few days ago, she had an idea for a play/musical and started writing it.
She has now written two songs and 2 scenes, and her drama teacher has said that she can produce and perform it next academic year!
She is over the moon as she wants to leave her mark on the drama department before she leaves, probably after Year 11. I just thought it would maybe be an idea for other people’s DCs to get some drama leadership experience! Thank you for all your support, Dd and I really appreciate it! Xx
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: DD is writing a musical!

Post by ScoobyDoo »

I think that is amazing and I would be over the moon too x Who knows, that is where Joseph started....... best of luck to her.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Fantastic idea! I look forward to hearing some of the songs! =D>
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good on her. What a great experience and how lucky are you both to have such a supportive school.
Hope Never Dies....
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Thank you everyone for all your support! Dd is very grateful to hear it and I wish you could come and see it!