Royal Caribbean Auditions

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

bessieb
Nominee

Royal Caribbean Auditions

Post by bessieb »

Hello,

I am new to this site and still trying to navigate my way around so apologies If this question has been asked and answered before!

My daughter has auditioned as a dancer (no singing) for the Royal Caribbean and made it through to the final stage (with approx. 15 others) where it was implied they were 'now on their books' and they would be in touch if there were any opportunities. Apparently decisions will be made back at the head office and all auditions were over. We are very new to the world of cruise ship auditions - after following a classical dance career path where you either get the contract or you don't - we wondered if this was just a very polite way of saying thanks but no thanks or indeed there was a possibility that in the coming months, she could get a coveted we want you email!

She is going to keep auditioning for other cruise lines but particularly liked this one as the audition started with as much of the choreography had a more classical/lyrical/contemporary feel to it than full on hip hop funk, which is not her strongest genre.

If anyone has any experience/knowledge or advice they could offer to her moving forward, it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks :)
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Royal Caribbean Auditions

Post by 2dancersmum »

I cant comment specifically on Royal Caribbean as my DD has never auditioned for them but I have never heard instances of job offers at the end of the day of auditions for any cruise companies. 'now on the books' is the usual for successful auditionees - some will get a phone call or email within a few days/few weeks (depending on company) offering a contract, some may hear at very short notice for contract start date and some may never hear from them again. My DD has had both - final stage on the books - contract within 48 hours and final stage and on the books - not heard anything further. Bottom line - more dancers will reach final stage of auditions than are actually needed.
bessieb
Nominee

Post by bessieb »

Isn't it always the way! Thank you for your reply - good to know that offers do follow sometimes - congratulations to your daughter :D

They said if she hadn't heard within 3 months to contact them again so don't imagine she will be hearing anytime soon, we won't be holding our breath!! :roll: Think she is going to try a few more and see what happens and if its meant to be.....

thanks again
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

My DD is also from a classical/contemporary/lyrical background. She was intending to audition for Mein Schiff next week - only cruise ship audition she has seen that actually states 'classical warmup' as part of the audition - perhaps worth a look for your DD?

DD is not attending as she has just chosen to accept one of the offers she already had and so heads off again for her next adventure next month.
bessieb
Nominee

Post by bessieb »

thank you so much, I have had a look and sent her the link, I think she will be interested. Congratulations to your daughter, how exciting, wish her the very best on her next adventure! :D
bessieb
Nominee

Post by bessieb »

thank you for the tip 2dancersmum, she did the audition and got thru to the end again with about 20 others, will find out in a wk or so if she has made the shortlist, if so it could be anytime up to a year before they are offered a contract! if she hasn't heard within a year then audition again so doesn't sound overly positive! I have total admiration for all our young dancers who keep going and keep positive, I feel quite disheartened! just seems so many dancers auditioning for what seems like so few places. Huge congratulations to your dd for her continued success!