Nominee

Matilda the film

Post by Linzi74 »

Has anyone got called to this audition?
purpleflower
Nominee

Re: Matilda the film

Post by purpleflower »

Yes, DD attended mid Jan. But have not heard back and agent says it's huge casting so will take a while, and might not hear unless successful for recall.
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

In my experience with screen auditions you only ever hear if it’s positive.

Even if you do several recalls, it just goes quiet and after a few weeks you think, okay so that’s out now.

MT is more brutal in terms of rounds and cuts, but you do at least always have an answer!
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

I’ve had friends who attended open auditions not through an agency . Some haven’t heard yet but others who have had an email saying thanks but it’s a no. It’s nice they are giving a response either way.
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

Were your DCs called for Matilda or her classmates. We heard they’re doing classmate auditions this week but we haven’t heard anything.
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

DD was called for role of Matilda as were around 6 of her friends.

I know a lot who were seen in London this weekend for classmates roles first round
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Does anyone know if they have had any recalls for the Matilda part yet or is it still at first round?
Zozomoocha
Nominee

Post by Zozomoocha »

We are really keen to find out when recalls will be as have heard nothing since the audition on 15th Feb - I'm wondering about contacting the casting team directly but worried that they may take a dim view of this...would love to know your thoughts.
Pegjes44
BRIT Award

Post by Pegjes44 »

Zozomoocha wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am We are really keen to find out when recalls will be as have heard nothing since the audition on 15th Feb - I'm wondering about contacting the casting team directly but worried that they may take a dim view of this...would love to know your thoughts.
Have you been recalled on the Day?
My son went on the 16/02, recalled on the day but we haven't heard nothing since.
I think we need to be patient, it's a big Casting ](*,)
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

Zozomoocha wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am We are really keen to find out when recalls will be as have heard nothing since the audition on 15th Feb - I'm wondering about contacting the casting team directly but worried that they may take a dim view of this...would love to know your thoughts.
Lots of us haven’t heard since auditions in mid-Jan.
Coasttocity
BRIT Award

Post by Coasttocity »

First rounds are still taking place - my DD has a first audition in a few weeks time (that's for a classmate role though)
Mumoftwochickens
BRIT Award

Post by Mumoftwochickens »

Hi if anyone has been - is this a dance audtion?
Says movement acting and singing.
Dd is not a trained dancer so there is no point if that’s what they want.
Yes they are still auditioning!!!
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Yes they're still on first round Auditions and selftapes! Huge search! My friends daughter was only asked to selftape the other day! My daughter auditioned a while a go - I think it was January and got recalled on the day but then we havnt heard back since so I think it's a no for us now. Huge opportunity for some lucky children though :D
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Mumoftwochickens wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:21 pm Hi if anyone has been - is this a dance audtion?
Says movement acting and singing.
Dd is not a trained dancer so there is no point if that’s what they want.
Yes they are still auditioning!!!
The first audition (If you're going to the workshop style one) is alot of dance - my daughters group started with learning a dance routine, then did some singing and acting then they asked some to stay behind (my daughter was one of them) and did more dance - I think they either finished the routine they started or learnt another. I think they'd struggle with no dance experience but could be worth a try - my daughter had a really fun day. She said it was very similar to the workshop style Auditions they run for the West end show.
If you get the selftape option rather than workshop though I don't think there's any dance for that just the singing and acting my friend said x
Mumoftwochickens
BRIT Award

Post by Mumoftwochickens »

Thank you said a monologue song and movement but I’m not so sure! X