elaine Paige on a Sunday

A place to review Radio plays, Audio Books etc.

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

elaine Paige on a Sunday

Post by riverdancefan »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqwz

Just wanted to recommend Elaine's Musical theatre and films programme on Sundays from 13.00 till 15.00
I have listened on and off for a good while now and often pick up on musicals and songs which I would not consider or even know as possible songs for DS and other people's DD's for auditions etc.
Loads of helpful ideas, for example heard a perfect song or a friend's DD today from Dr Dolittle..
If you are stuck for inspiration it might be worth a listen now and then.

RDF
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: elaine Paige on a Sunday

Post by Welsh Mum »

I always enjoy this when I manage to catch it :) . She also has interesting gusts on sometimes. Some of her comments offer a real insight into the music and shows that she plays.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

I love the music, but find Elaine Page one of the most annoying people on the radio. The ridiculous laugh, the obvious annoyance of anyone singing a song she has once warbled herself and her pretend humility - all make me cringe. When people stand in for her, I enjoy it so much more!
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

paulears wrote:I love the music, but find Elaine Page one of the most annoying people on the radio. The ridiculous laugh, the obvious annoyance of anyone singing a song she has once warbled herself and her pretend humility - all make me cringe. When people stand in for her, I enjoy it so much more!
One man's meat etc etc.

I enjoy listening to her :D
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

paulears wrote:I love the music, but find Elaine Page one of the most annoying people on the radio. The ridiculous laugh, the obvious annoyance of anyone singing a song she has once warbled herself and her pretend humility - all make me cringe. When people stand in for her, I enjoy it so much more!
:D :D :D she put the "love" into "Lovie" daaahhling !
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE