Theatre Royal Haymarket Youth Company - The Academy

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Theatre Royal Haymarket Youth Company - The Academy

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

Hey everyone!

I'm a part of the Theatre Royal Haymarket Youth Company, which is the youth division of the West End Haymarket theatre. The company offers experience in a real West End theatre (an extremely rare gift) and the chance to work with professional directors/producers/designers etc. to create a performance which is shown at the Theatre Royal Haymarket.

As well as doing performances, the TRHYC is also running 'The Academy' - a series of skills based acting workshops during the summer. All of the workshops look to be really amazing and I'm going to try and go to as many as I can, and I'm trying to spread the word so that more people can have such a fantastic oppurtunity as I have had.

The Academy is open to anyone from ages 12-20 (the workshops are split between 12-13 and 14+) and most of them are around £20 for a 3 hour session, though some of them are more expensive, depending on what the workshop involves.

There are loads of workshops so I won't tell you about all of them, but if you want more information then you can email alice@trh.co.uk (that's not me - a different alice!) or feel free to PM me if you want more info on what the company is like. It really is an amazing oppurtunity, so if you're London based and want to improve your skills as an actor then I would definitely recommend it! :D

Also check out the website: http://www.trh.co.uk/company/trhyc.php