The Casting Website

Important messages that you NEED to read, and re-read from time to time.

Moderator: busybusybusy

tillymintflip
GRAMMY Award

The Casting Website

Post by tillymintflip »

I know there have been other posts about this website on here and I have read them before.... I know when I've been on various castings with children from here often they have come across this website.

Initially we did the workshops for this and have to say initially they were very good and several children did get work and castings through them - this seems to have all completely changed now and there doesn't seem to be someone actively managing the site. I've also noticed that whilst the initial system was that you paid for a subscription and once this was up, it wouldn't let you apply for any jobs until you re-entered your payment details. Now it automatically takes a renewal without consulting you first or informing you it has done so.

Several parents have been shocked by this and have contacted the website continuously since June and not had so much as one reply. They've also rang persistently and heard nothing back. Just from the people I know they have taken a couple of hundred pounds without consent and are obviously not returning emails or calls.

I just wanted to warn people to stay well clear and not to touch it with a barge pole! The National Youth Film Academy is also the same person so i'd be very dubious to get involved with that either.

It's a shame as initially like I said I thought they were very helpful but particularly in a recession it's not helpful for someone to take money for nothing!
Selina2
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Casting Website

Post by Selina2 »

Like you, I thought they weren't even in business any more as last time I looked they hadn't added any new castings since August and we'd stopped getting emails, but i see a few new ones have gone up recently. I guess Rob Earnshaw is too busy with NYFA to bother with it any more.
But terrible of him not to return calls or emails or people's money, he doesn't seem to worry about his professional reputation. [-X [-X [-X
tillymintflip
GRAMMY Award

Post by tillymintflip »

I sent him a message earlier and got a message back saying he wasn't sure what I was on about and could i contact him directly if I had concerns..... I was like hello!! That's what people have been trying to do for MONTHS! Nightmare! x
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

Last edited by frisbee on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

Charges for auditions
Last edited by frisbee on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I'm not defending them (I have no experience of them at all) but the NYT, NYMT, and the drama schools etc. charge for auditions. Ask I missing the point?
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

Well blow me down.
Last edited by frisbee on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

tillymintflip wrote: Now it automatically takes a renewal without consulting you first or informing you it has done so.

Several parents have been shocked by this and have contacted the website continuously since June and not had so much as one reply. They've also rang persistently and heard nothing back. Just from the people I know they have taken a couple of hundred pounds without consent and are obviously not returning emails or calls.
If a company takes a reoccurring payment from Visa or MasterCard, then you can cancel future payments by contacting your Bank or Credit Card Company. You may also be entitled to a refund, again this can be done through your Bank or Credit Card Company. They may ask you to try to rectify it first with the retailer, but if you explain that they wont respond then they can help you. xxx
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

NYT and NYMT are registered charities with full boards and patrons. NYFA is a registered company founded and run by one person. I don't know what requirements exist for a company to call itself Not For Profit, or if it matters.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Thanks, Gatesheadangel - that makes all the difference. To be a registered charity an organisation needs to jump through various hoops and have their finances open to inspection.
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

Last edited by frisbee on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

-
Last edited by frisbee on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

-