Youtube?

Give us your Feedback and Ideas on Anything!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Wiz
Nominee

Youtube?

Post by Wiz »

Just a thought, but would it be useful to have a forum for posting youtube links here? I know that many of us have posted clips of our little loves, either perfoming or auditioning, on youtube and it would be very interesting to see some, maybe offer some constructive advice or maybe just some words of encouragement. I know that some youtube links have already been posted, but they are buried in threads and it'd be useful to have them in one place I'd have thought. Like I say, just a passing thought but I'm sure it would attract a lot of views.
Last edited by Wiz on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no cure for birth and death - save to enjoy the interval."
whycan'thejustplayfootie?
BRIT Award

Re: Youtube?

Post by whycan'thejustplayfootie? »

I think that's a great idea :D
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

What a good idea, then if any of us wanted ideas we could just have a directory of performances. =D> =D>
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Love it, wiz!

Do you want to start it off since it was your idea?
Last edited by igloobabe on Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caityevo
BRIT Award

Post by caityevo »

Brilliant idea I would contribute x
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

OK then here goes: (takes deep breath)

Here is a clip of my older dd doing I dreamed a dream at a 'West End Workshop' run by the organisers of Sing With The Stars.

Please be kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s6oacWdnQU
lilly
BRIT Award

Post by lilly »

Wow she is really good \:D/ \:D/ Has she already done west end work?? What a voice :)
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Thanks! No, unfortunately we don't move in the right circles to land any West End work, but she enters quite a few competitions and has always reached the final. We are just hoping for that lucky break!
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

She is fab!! Def a star of the future - are you based close to London? I think she would be great for the shows x
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

We are in Herts, so close enough. I think at the moment she is too young for the parts her voice would suit - ( she's 12) so probably just keep on with the singing and dancing lessons as much as we can till she is old enough to go for something like Eponine or Nancy!! ;)
caityevo
BRIT Award

Post by caityevo »

Wow she has a beautiful voice how old is she? (sorry you said)

Here is a link of my dd playing Eva in Our Benny Nov 2008 when she was 11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-_aewRpqsE
Last edited by caityevo on Thu May 06, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Wow, she's very powerful! =D> What group did she do the show with? My dd is 12 and has only done amateur things - (apart from a panto this year)
STEFFYSMUM
GRAMMY Award

Post by STEFFYSMUM »

your daughters a really good
caityevo
BRIT Award

Post by caityevo »

igloobabe wrote:Wow, she's very powerful! =D> What group did she do the show with? My dd is 12 and has only done amateur things - (apart from a panto this year)
Thanks, she won the part through open auditions held in Liverpool it was ABD Productions its a Liverpool musical based on the book Her Benny they do every couple of years, Stephanie from Somewhere over the rainbow played a lead in it one year and a couple of NAPMers DD have been in it too. Bernie Nolan, Sam Kane and Emma Dears were the adult leads so it was an all Liverpool cast.That was my DD's first professional show and she has done 3 more since. Does your DD have lessons??
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Yes, after she did Festival for stars age 10 the judges asked if she was having lessons and at that time she wasn't, so we found a local teacher who has been brilliant for her. She belongs to a local drama group which does 3 shows a year ( mainly musicals).
It seems to be a lot harder 'down south' to find open auditions. Most theatres round here in the home counties tend to have their own 'Youth Theatres' which are generally too expensive for us.