Fundraising ideas for NAPM

Give us your Feedback and Ideas on Anything!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Which funding option most appeals to you?

Voluntary donation via Paypal
27%
On site, click advertising
36%
£25 for a NAPM site
15%
Small payable fee to enable posting
22%

Total votes: 59

admin
Site Admin

Fundraising ideas for NAPM

Post by admin »

Since the bandwidth problem a few weeks ago, I have been looking into the whole issue of running the site effectively, and the costs of doing so easily. I have had a few options that have come up that might be of help, but thought I would run it by everyone first, for opinions...or further ideas if any of you have any good ones!!

Here are some brief explainations of the options, so that you understand them:

Voluntary donations: Paypal will accept secure payments for donations, this will enable a little privacy and will remain safe until I need to pay out....however they do charge a % for the service...so that £1 paid by you will mean 78p donation. I have already set this up, so you are free to donate what you want to it if you would like to.

On site, click advertising. Ads, such as those you see on Google, earn the site they are on, a small amount of money each time someone 'clicks' on them. I'm not sure exactly how much yet. It will mean that NAPM will have to have ads on, after all, and everyone needs to remember to click on them from time to time!! All ads would need to be relevant to Children and/or performing.

Your Own NAPM site. The new hosting package I've looked into, has whats called sub-domains. this will mean that i can have a number of other small sites linked to NAPM. I hoped to do these as personal web-spaces for actors, managed by Pebbles to keep a uniformity about them. (all addressed as '(yourname).notapushymum.com' :D ) An idea if you want to refer anyone to it, such as directors looking to cast productions...I've discussed this with Pebbles, and each personal site would look very similar to hers (she has offered to try and do a selection of templates for you to choose from as well)- as she is quite happy to work on them for me. I would charge a fee for this service (£25 per year) proceeds of which would go towards the costs of the new hosting package, with its VASTLY bigger bandwidth! Pebbles will manage these tho...and you would have to supply her with all the details she will need. She will let you know what she needs I'm sure. Photos, info, small pieces of film/audio etc.

Payable fees. I could charge a nominal fee (£5 or £10)(as Friends reunited do) to enable people to post, or to PM... or to be members of specific 'private' room. (sounds seedy..sorry!!!) This would prevent others from posting.- or PM'ing,- or reading messages in private rooms - whichever we decide on... a specific luxury for those willing to pay for it.

These are 4 starter ideas that have seemed worthwhile or 'do-able'. Can I have your ideas??/ votes?? and any Pro's and Cons that I might not have thought of???

Thanks!!! Whatever we decide to do, will need to be decided by April, as the hosting I have, needs to be renewed by then. So If I change over, I need to know what I am doing.... The bandwidth on the package i am currently on, is the top one by the company I use...so lets think seriously on how we can keep this site going!!!! :D
Hope Never Dies....
busybusybusy

Post by busybusybusy »

Having looked at Pebbles site I think this would be an excellent idea! I'd like one for my girls if it goes ahead. I'm not sure about the advertising idea, I think I'd be ok if it meant only performing related adverts. Just as long as there weren't popups ;)
I agree that something needs to be done to avoid the site outgrowing itself!! :shock: Let's hope we can sort something by April. :D
Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
capetownmum
Nominee

Post by capetownmum »

I'd kill for a site like Pebbles, but don't have the knowledge to set it up myself. £25 for her to do it for me sounds like a bargin!!
kimberlumps
Nominee

Post by kimberlumps »

I thinnk the advertising on esounds best! Again, as long as there arent anoying pop ups! :roll:
cinders
Nominee

Post by cinders »

I like the idea of a site like Pebbles :)
If you don't go - you'll never know!
crystaltips
Nominee

Post by crystaltips »

I think that the website ala Pebbles is a great idea, also, the adverts can do no harm and may be interesting and a nominal fee of £10.00 as a one off fee to join =D> ;) is a good idea (with a free NAPM badge thrown in!!!)why does it just have to be one the more ways to generate income to support the site the better.
There are two things we should give our children..... One is roots ... The other is wings.
stars-in-their-eyes
BRIT Award

Post by stars-in-their-eyes »

I'm more than happy to pay a nominal fee, or donate by Paypal if that's more popular, but would be put off by the website idea as I don't like putting names on public sites.
Anything Can Happen If You Let It!
angelmk

Post by angelmk »

I'd be happy to pay a membership fee, think "related" advertising could be very handy, and would love Pebbles to create a site for Luke (although I would prefer to be able to "manage" it afterwards - so I could update his page etc). All the fees mentioned seem reasonable.

Can we also think about archiving off old threads to reduce the size of the site.

Anything to save me from housework :shock: :shock:
shellshocked
Nominee

Post by shellshocked »

Have to admit I'm attracted by the idea of paying to be able to post mainly because it may stop people who come and post to upset and then never post again. Having been a victim of that one I'm perhaps a little biased.
Rationally though, I would worry that introducing a fee may mean those who can't afford to pay would be disadvantaged which is not ideal.
So I'm probably more in favour of Penpal, Ads or linked websites with a charge.
This site is so valuable, I'm willing to do what I can and will try and think of any other ideas.
Life is for living
crystaltips
Nominee

Post by crystaltips »

This site obviously cost somebody to run it and so we can't expect it to be free!! I am sure most people could afford a one off payment of £10.00 and there could be a concession for people who need it and kids say £5.00 one off payment and it could be done via paypal , postal order or cheques , you could still have the website by pebbles obviously only for those that wished to have them and also the paying adverts. If we want the site to continue we have to give someting back.
There are two things we should give our children..... One is roots ... The other is wings.
Are we there yet?
Nominee

Post by Are we there yet? »

I have given this a lot of thought Image(usually at 4am when I cant sleep!Image)and can't decide which one option is better, perhaps as crystaltips says having different ways of raising funds may be the answer to suit everyone, as long as its not too much work for Admin and as long as the funds are coming in.

One problem with a "fee to join", unless its renewable every year, if we don't get new members we don't get any funds.

I'm happy to go with whichever Admin decides is most workable. :D

Oh by the way I'm not known for my decisiveness ! :oops::lol:

Admin: Do we make any paypal donations to the info@notapushymum.com email address?
Cleaning the house whilst the kids are growing up is like shovelling snow whilst its still snowing!
MoviemiteMum
BRIT Award

Post by MoviemiteMum »

I am quite happy to pay to use the site and really don't mind what form that takes. I just don't want to lose the site again so I'll go with whatever is decided!

Jackie
ladybird
Nominee

fundraising ideas for napm.

Post by ladybird »

I was thinking of a payment of £5-£10 per year and if you want a web page £25.Admin could highlight the names of people who have paid.
And lock the auditions section for paying members.
lizziemac
Nominee

Post by lizziemac »

I think a membership fee seems like a good idea :D
crystaltips
Nominee

Post by crystaltips »

Me too and Ladybirds idea seems really good =D>