Agency sticky

Give us your Feedback and Ideas on Anything!

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Agency sticky

Post by riverdancefan »

Hi all
I wonder if it would be a good idea to have an agency sticky with relevant threads and info that can be updated...
I'm not a sourpuss and help if I can but the constant "what agency" threads are just a bit #-o #-o :-s
I appreciate it's a very popular subject and I may even be needing some info myself one day.
Some excellent info is already posted from knowledgeable people, that can often be missed.

I wouldn't mind helping to maintain it.....

What do you think?
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Agency sticky

Post by francescasmum »

I was thinking that, it seems to be the same questions over and over again. ](*,) Flosmum is very patient and good at pointing people in the right direction, even posting links to the correct thread. A big round of applause for her dedication to helping others =D> =D> Go Debs.
irrelevant
BRIT Award

Post by irrelevant »

Maybe a separate forum where one can actually discuss them too?
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

francescasmum wrote:I was thinking that, it seems to be the same questions over and over again. ](*,) Flosmum is very patient and good at pointing people in the right direction, even posting links to the correct thread. A big round of applause for her dedication to helping others =D> =D> Go Debs.
Awww....ain't you sweet!!!! :lol: :oops: :lol:

It always seems a better use of time and resources to point people towards the chat that has already happened, because they can read it straight away rather than have to wait for new posts. There's so much info and opinion already available on these threads - why waste it?

Plus when I first joined NAPM I went through every thread and checked out what was in here...yes, I'm a bit weird that way...so I know what an awesome repository of info is already here. And how to use the search engine. :lol:

I'm sure there must be an easy way of indexing info about the many and various agencies that have been discussed here, so new people can find it quickly and we can all add to it as our experience develops and new info emerges. Who has an organised mind?

Deb x
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

I think it would be good to have a section on the Board Index just on agents. I had a go at putting in some agency names in the search engine (A and J, Top Talent) and it comes up with the 'words too common' quote. On the index it is difficult to know which section to look in to get the agency information - is it Auditions, Castings, Help, etc? For newbies and youngsters who don't know their way around the site this could be confusing. Also, when people first discover the site, it is very exciting, and almost too much information, so it is often easier to just ask a question - which although frustrating to people who have been on here for ages, I'm sure it is not done with the intention of annoying anyone! :)

I am not defending myself - I have not yet asked an agency question (in fact I have answered one or two!) Just wanted to put the possible other side forward. :)
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Great idea! It is a confusing world out there - especially when you are starting out, so our combined experiences could be really useful. I also found it really helpful on here when we were first looking for agents a few years ago - without the advice and experience shared on these forums I would probably have made different choices, and I suspect they would not have been as good as the ones we did make :)
Coco
GRAMMY Award

Post by Coco »

We've all been newbies at some point and some kind person who's feeling patient that day, always steps up to answer the forever asked agency question, but it certainly is a popular topic of enquiry and so when you've been a regular on the site for a while it can start to feel as though its forever coming round on a perpetual loop!
The suggestion of a sticky for this topic Is also, not surprisingly popping up from time to time too in response. I think it would be a really good idea !
Like daisy 1 I haven't had a lot of success when searching for topics in the past if other people are also finding the same thing, that will inevitably mean the same questions are going to be asked over and over.
Dell71
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dell71 »

Great idea to have a seperate section for agency advice maybe under 'advice, help and support'. At least it will point all enquiries of that nature in the right direction. Maybe have a sticky at the top advising users to read the other posts first to see if they can find their answer or if they find a topic regarding the agency they're asking about but not the answer they're looking for then at least they can just add to that topic. :)
tinkermiya
BRIT Award

Post by tinkermiya »

Your wish is my command!! :lol:

I have setup a new Agency area under Advice, Help and Support. Hopefully this will help people find the information they are looking for and reduce the repetition.

Please use this for all agency related issues.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

tinkermiya wrote:Your wish is my command!! :lol:

I have setup a new Agency area under Advice, Help and Support. Hopefully this will help people find the information they are looking for and reduce the repetition.

Please use this for all agency related issues.
Tink you really are a magical fairy :D

Thank you!

PS can you tell me the lottery winning numbers for next Friday :-D pleeesseee xxxx
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Yay! That's great. Thanks =D> =D> =D>

Just wondering ... is it possible to relocate any of the older posts about agencies into the new folder???
Coco
GRAMMY Award

Post by Coco »

That's brilliant. Thank you very much! :D
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

sapphire wrote:Yay! That's great. Thanks =D> =D> =D>

Just wondering ... is it possible to relocate any of the older posts about agencies into the new folder???
Thanks for setting this up. It would be easy enough to place a link to previous discussions. Is it best to set up threads for each agency, since most of the questions seem to be along the lines of 'has anyone heard of Abacus/Daisy and Dukes/Impact' etc etc?

Hope this helps

Deb x