X factor 2011

Moderator: busybusybusy

titania

X factor 2011

Post by titania »

Just to open this thread. Also remember that when the live shows start we only have 13 weeks to christmas!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: X factor 2011

Post by francescasmum »

Don't say that, summer hols haven't finished yet! :lol:
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

titania wrote:Also remember that when the live shows start we only have 13 weeks to christmas!
:roll: :shock: ](*,) on no ....really ? that's just awful !!!

I watched XFactor last night, wasn't impressed at all with the judges, they didn't seem to gel together, and Gary Barlow seemed like he was acting all the time, and lacked the charisma and authority that Cowell has...I think he'd be good if he was on the panel with Simon though !
They didn't show many acts either, and letting some of them come up to the judges table and waltzing around them shouldn't have been allowed either. Simon would have stopped them immediately. Bit odd I thought. Didn't see the point of the NDubz judge, as i don't think she's a good female representative of the music industry surely ! Pehaps it's because I can't stand Ndubz music or those in it !
I also thought it was a disastrous Xtra Factor too, Flack's voice irritates me... she sounds like she's on 60 a day !!!

I may tune in to see who they put through to the live shows, but very missable viewing last night I thought, even my dd went out and didn't bother watching !!! It was very clear Louis knew the Irish girl, good, but not amazing,,, and I don't like singers who don't finish their words in songs. eg. World sung Worl -
dorothy
GRAMMY Award

Post by dorothy »

My daughter's friend got through to Boot Camp. She is a really good singer. She hung around for 2 days waiting for her chance to perform but never got the chance. On the second day Gary Barlow came out to her and quite a few others and told them they could not accomodate them and sent them home. She was gutted. I think its all a fix as someone has already said its very staged. She got invited to audition in the first round auditions as do lots of people and got good comments and put through to Boot Camp but she says that the producers kept asking her if she had a happy family life and seemed to be wanting to hear sob stories which she told them she could not give them.

I know it makes for good TV but its not really about who is the best talent, hence the likes of Chico, Wagner and other unforgetables etc getting picked for the live shows. When people like Jedward and many others who are totally talentless can make a lot of money out of it then although good luck to them I feel for the ones who have talent getting left out. Thats life though.

Of course I will still watch it and have my favourites but the last couple of years have made it a bit of a farce. :cry:
Northernkids
GRAMMY Award

Post by Northernkids »

I agree, it seems to have gone downhill. :roll: I think it is in its last death throws to be honest and Simon Cowell got out before it finally bites the dust. :-({|=

My DS was called by the BGT team actually asking him to audition this year. :roll: He has tried a couple of times and got nowhere near the live shows. He also got through the first round on the X Factor when he was 14 but no further.

He decided not to bother anymore and concentrated on his classical singing instead. Here is a little clip of him in rehearsal for a Opera he did recently:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiL7Hu38 ... re=related He is the one in the blond wig! :lol:

He starts at the Royal College of Music this September. 800 auditioned for 10 places. Could not believe it when he got in! =D>

Who needs X Factor and BGT! :lol:
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

WOW..amazing voice...good luck at the Royal School of Music... =D>
see what X factor and BGT has missed out on!!!
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Super! well done to your ds & very best of luck for RSM =D> =D>
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

I loved the clip, he has a wonderful voice
Livvynat
Nominee

Post by Livvynat »

That's great. What age do they take them at Huddersfield? My DS is in the LYO and I think some of the older ones are in Huddersfield too
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

What a fantastic voice you must be so proud of him ? What a talented lot you are. =D> =D>
Northernkids
GRAMMY Award

Post by Northernkids »

Livvynat wrote:That's great. What age do they take them at Huddersfield? My DS is in the LYO and I think some of the older ones are in Huddersfield too
Hi thanks for all your nice comments. He goes on the 9th :( , dreading it in one way, but excited for him. :lol:

Livvynat, my DS and DD might know your two as they were with LYO in Orpheus, Appomatox, Carmina and Faust.

DS was 17 when he started with Huddersfield Youth Opera. He missed LYO due to holidays and DD is more into Musical Theatre. She is auditioning for a local production of Godspell next week. I can PM you some contact details if you want.

She may change her mind as she gets old and turn to classical as DS did. :D
Livvynat
Nominee

Post by Livvynat »

Thanks, their paths have not crossed, my DS joined after Faust and was in La Traviata and Eugene Onegin. He is only just 16 so might have to wait a while but I would be grateful if you could pm me some contact details. As far as he is concerned, the more singing he does the better. He is just about to start Les Mis at the Opera House in Wakefield :D
Northernkids
GRAMMY Award

Post by Northernkids »

Livvynat wrote:Thanks, their paths have not crossed, my DS joined after Faust and was in La Traviata and Eugene Onegin. He is only just 16 so might have to wait a while but I would be grateful if you could pm me some contact details. As far as he is concerned, the more singing he does the better. He is just about to start Les Mis at the Opera House in Wakefield :D
He will be fine at 16 as that is how old DS was when he did the first show with them. They are about to put on "Jenufa" and DS had to miss out as he is off to college the same weekend. They always bend the rules for Boys anyway :D The show is always on in September and they do other bits and pieces black tie events etc through the year. I will PM you all the details. :D DS was in Les Mis as Marius and "Empty Chairs" is his party piece! :lol:
Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Post by Fruitcake »

Wow Northernkids - what ama amazingly taltented DS you have! =D> :D =D>

Fantastic!!! :D
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Beautiful voice your ds has Northernkids :D