X factor 2011

Moderator: busybusybusy

shineonstage
BRIT Award

Re: X factor 2011

Post by shineonstage »

I was blown away by Janet's audition with "Your Song"
I'd do anything, for this part, anything, for this means everything to me!
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I love Janet, i think she might just stay my favourite :)
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

I didn't think Janets voice was special in the least,have just been to Butlins and about three girls did this song just as well,what was special was 'her' I think and her natural warmth-be interested to see how she develops or will the show ruin her...
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I really loved her voice, i think it was quite unusual, but i agree that she herself was very likeable.
She does have a youtube account where i think shes been posting clips for a few years, some nice covers on there.
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
geordiegirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by geordiegirl »

X Factor USA started today. 2 hours of auditions in Los Angeles and Seattle. There was Simon, Cheryl (first half only and proably never to be seen again) and the usual motly crew of hopefuls. Some good, one or two Incredibly talented, most cringeworthy (one guy even dropped his trousers and Paula Abdul threw up). We cant watch UK X factor so it feels strangely comforting to be able to imagine Wednesday as Saturday night back in Blighty with a glass of Cava and a takeaway curry
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

I have to love Janet she is the double of my dd....its spooky :shock:
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

I think Janet is adorable but her vocals are no way strong enough to be in the final four. This show is all about image.
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

GEORGIEROSE wrote:I didn't think Janets voice was special in the least,have just been to Butlins and about three girls did this song just as well,what was special was 'her' I think and her natural warmth-be interested to see how she develops or will the show ruin her...
Why were three girls in Butlins singing this song ? Im being nosey now. :) I love Butlins used to go to Minehead when i was a kid.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

geordiegirl wrote:There was Simon, Cheryl (first half only and proably never to be seen again) and the usual motly crew of hopefuls. Some good, one or two Incredibly talented, most cringeworthy (one guy even dropped his trousers and Paula Abdul threw up).
I've been watching this..and when Cheryl was on the panel Paula Abdul was sitting so close to Simon, clearly leaving a huge gap between herself and Cheryl, it looked like Paula didn't want Cheryl there ! The camera rarely panned onto Cheryl while she was on the show did it ! I saw the guy drop his trousers too ! Some real oddballs on their show isn't there!
As for our XFactor...I agreed with all the judges selections, and I really like Micha, I've like her from the start. But I thought that Jade should have gone through and deserved an opportunity (girl with the nose ring) instead of Janet, because I can't see Janet being very versatile as she has her own unique style. She seems very sweet, but very young - and the programme may take away her uniqueness and from the clips last night for the live shows..it looked like they've already completely changed her. Vocally though, like Diana Vickers, perhaps she will be like her and also do well after XFactor.
Did you hear Gary on the ITV2 show actually say to Caroline Flack when talking about one of his contested that they had a good story' ?...(says it all really ;) )...
Louis chose who he thought the public would 'like' rather than vocal talent, except the soldier was very good .. and I hope Johnny who he put through, who Louis said sings like a girl, isn't ridiculed, he seems so nice and genuine. Thank goodness the lady who was aThai Chi coach pulled out and Louis gave that lady who 'can sing' the opportunity !
Gary Barlow seems like he will be the best mentor !
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

we liked John in the boys section....he sounded amazing..dont know why he did not get through but Frankie (get my bum out) did!!
Love Craig!!
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Maybe i'm going to be a little controversial but I don't like Janet's voice at all, sounds so little girly, just not my cup of tea! Also, those strange noises she makes, similar to Diana Vickers! Urrgh! both really annoying! But there again, what do I know, it's just my opinion of course :)
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

cookycrew wrote:Maybe i'm going to be a little controversial but I don't like Janet's voice at all, sounds so little girly, just not my cup of tea! Also, those strange noises she makes, similar to Diana Vickers! Urrgh! both really annoying! But there again, what do I know, it's just my opinion of course :)
=D> =D> =D> Absolutely agree cookycrew. Just what everyone in our house was saying. Really wimpy voice.... No passion or energy at all. Plus the little yodels - bah! Real shame about Jade - now THAT was a voice!!
And all that jazz...!
STEFFYSMUM
GRAMMY Award

Post by STEFFYSMUM »

i agree. couldnt see what all the fuss was about. then when she picked her over jayde that was me a gonna for sure. think it was the image it came down too. which is a shame.
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Just to be different here, I have to say I like Janet & I have liked her ever since her first audition yet surprisingly enough I was never a fan of Diana Vickers even after seeing her perform live 3 times (my friend dragged me to a gig of hers & she's supported two other concerts i've been too)

My favourites this year are Amelia Lily, Janet & Marcus.

Was gutted Joe Cox didn't get through!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

I didn't like Diana Vickers voice either, and I don't like Janet's -
Jade would have been so much more interesting to watch through the shows - It is all about WHO makes good t.v., their story, the look etc, so it didn't surprise me they ditched Jade. So wrong. But we'll all watch again :shock: Looking forward to reading this thread, and everyone's comments though ! :lol: