ITV's Superstar

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: ITV's Superstar

Post by riverdancefan »

Well I have caught up!
And bar a couple of outstanding ones! It proves the need for training!!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

On Facebook I have a friend who didn't get through, and he's gutted and all his friends are telling him how dreadful it is they didn't appreciate his talent. Trouble was he would be totally hopeless as Jesus - and all his friends know that, on top of that, he's amazingly difficult to work with, and people would start thinking of violence very soon after first meeting him. He was in a company I was in charge of as the most junior member of the company - and I told the producers within just a few days never - ever again! My point being that some of the people we saw were plainly out of their depth and should not have even been there. The G4 bloke irritated them because they pointed out his name was already on posters for a different series of shows, so he'd have to pull out and let them down to do this one. It is so obvious that the next thing in their minds was "would he be as loyal to us, if he got a better role?" Of course, having done it once, he'd do the same. So now he has .... nothing!

The interesting thing is I can see a black Jesus - something that hadn't even crossed my mind - but I think could work.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I am sure Oliver Thomsett is on there - he's played Fliero in Wicked in west End and is currently in rock of Ages. Extremely well established. In fact my DD reliably informs me that the vast majority have trained and perfromed proffessionally. Interesting.

Some eg builder guy were clearly only put through for a "story", while turning down some excellent singers :roll: :roll:
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Jonathan Williams - recognised the name, realised I saw him as Jean Val Jean

Then we have one of my favourite West End performers - Alex Gaumond
Another Ross Hunter (Legally Blonde amongst others)
Oliver Tompsett whose been mentioned

I know Alex says it is such a huge role and one of his dreams roles hence why he auditioned!
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Yes my dd Performed with Alex Gaumond, in Sunday In The Park With George, she thought she saw him, he was in legally blonde and we will Rock you too I think. :D
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

On a different note.... Have you SEEN the price of the tickets??? :x
And already being resold on other sites at crazy prices

And a stadium? Really? I am so pleased I saw it at the Lyceum,
cops22
GRAMMY Award

Post by cops22 »

Oh no!!!!! I haven't had chance to watch it yet....... but have seen so much negative stuff about Jonathon Ansell...
My dd did Whistle Down The Wind with him, I chaperoned all week and he was lovely.
We also have him as Prince Charming this panto season that again my DD is in and I will be chaperoning.
The whole theatre is now worrying that a, he will pull out as he would quite clearly have done if he'd got JCS or that he's turned in to nightmare...... hopefully like someone said in this thread it was edited to make him look bad and that he'd been up front about auditioning all along.
We can but hope..... 2 months of 2-3 shows a day is along time and it's not nice if someone gets diva-ish.... last year we had such a fantastic cast that were all great friends, fingers crossed :)
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

He shouldnt have auditioned, when commited to something else, very unprofessional and wrong, do wonder if it was all a set up though to make good TV. :?
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

riverdancefan wrote:On a different note.... Have you SEEN the price of the tickets??? :x
And already being resold on other sites at crazy prices
It's RIDICULOUS! I really want to go but I simply can't afford it!
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

GEORGIEROSE wrote:Yes my dd Performed with Alex Gaumond, in Sunday In The Park With George, she thought she saw him, he was in legally blonde and we will Rock you too I think. :D
Yea he was :)
Your dd was very lucky to have performed with him!
He is one of the nicest performers I've had the pleasure of meeting!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I know everyone is down on Jonathon Ansell

but just looking at it from his perspective (or trying to)

To get the part of JC would be like nothing on earth for any performer, a dream job, a blessing and a career-maker. Even though he HAS another job, can you really blame him for trying? - would you , could you honestly put your hands on your hearts and say categorically if your dream job was up for grabs, you would NOT go and try for it, even if you were committed elsewhere?
It's certainly not the done thing and I am not saying I even agree with it, but I certainly understand it, can appreciate why he went, and I can't have a pop at him for it.
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

He would also have applied months ago before having another commitment. It is such a juggle in the performing world you are constantly applying, not knowing if you will be succesful or not. If they kept their diraies clear, just incase, they would never get any work
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

shortguy wrote:He would also have applied months ago before having another commitment. It is such a juggle in the performing world you are constantly applying, not knowing if you will be succesful or not. If they kept their diraies clear, just incase, they would never get any work
that is so true, and my DS has found this to be a problem, nothing for yonks then three at once - like buses
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

It was more his attitude in the acting class that annoyed me. he admitted he was a singer first, actor second but then tried to argue about the direction and advice he was given to improve #-o #-o #-o #-o
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

I nned to watch it as we know Nathan James and apparently some of what he said was not, shall we say, correct!
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"